Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Interior Bulbs

Mental_Atom

Hey,

I was trying to change my interior bulbs to my snazzy blue ones that arrived.

I got the footwells done fine, but the front interior I couldn't get out.

My rear interior I managed to get open enough to change the bulb, but now when it's on auto it won't go off and when it's on it doesn't come on! :S Could it be broken badly? Do you think if I go to my dealership they'll help me sort it out...

It's no different to if the bulb had gone and I was replacing it, right?

The roof lights unclip and drop down allowing easy access to the bulbs. Try getting them hanging down, change the bulbs and check all is working before putting them back. If the bulbs don't work turn them around, they only work if they are in the correct way

Hey,

I was trying to change my interior bulbs to my snazzy blue ones that arrived.

I got the footwells done fine, but the front interior I couldn't get out.

My rear interior I managed to get open enough to change the bulb, but now when it's on auto it won't go off and when it's on it doesn't come on! :S Could it be broken badly? Do you think if I go to my dealership they'll help me sort it out...

It's no different to if the bulb had gone and I was replacing it, right?

I had the same problem with the rear light. Just make sure you've pushed it back up enough so all the clips are on.

I had the same problem with the rear light. Just make sure you've pushed it back up enough so all the clips are on.

Ah, didn't realise they came all the way out! I got it out this morning and it looks like the pins which actually make the connection are a bit bent. It's just a big bit of copper though so I'll bend them back in to shape and that should sort it :) Didn't try the front one again yet

You pull the whole fitting out and the bulb holder twists out of the back of the unit.

Have a look in the manual as it shows a diagram of it.

You pull the whole fitting out and the bulb holder twists out of the back of the unit.

Have a look in the manual as it shows a diagram of it.

I did look, but I have no clue where to find it in the manual... I'll take another look later :)

I get how they come out now so should be all good!

I did look, but I have no clue where to find it in the manual... I'll take another look later :)

I get how they come out now so should be all good!

Found it in the manual.

Note: Do not remove the lamp lens.

Yeah, about that... Haha rear one is fixable not to worry.

Edit: the bulbs I ordered on Paramanics advice aren't gonna fit if I leave the lens on on the front... Have to buy some alternatives

Just take the lense off (clear part ) just take ur time and patience! They do fit and the cap clips back on just take ur time to work on ur statagies lol

They can be fiddley that's why a say take ur time lol will be worth it if you need a vid just say a can make one tomorrow :)

They can be fiddley that's why a say take ur time lol will be worth it if you need a vid just say a can make one tomorrow :)

Don't worry, I ordered slightly smaller bulbs for the front coz I can't get the clear bit off and I don't want to break it :) Only £1.95!

The rear one works now though :D

• Like 1

Nice al make you a wee vid showing how to get lenses off tho It's not hard lol wee bit of time .... First time took me 20min after first time take me roughly 5mins tops lol

Took me about 30 seconds lol just pulled it down with my finger nail

All you need is a wee flat head screwdriver to nudge it off and gentleness

Nice al make you a wee vid showing how to get lenses off tho It's not hard lol wee bit of time .... First time took me 20min after first time take me roughly 5mins tops lol

Don't worry mate its fine :)

I ordered new ones now so I may as well use one!

Took me about 30 seconds lol just pulled it down with my finger nail

Yeah I can get the light down, just can't get the lens off haha and it doesn't wanna budge

Were you replacing the interior ambient lighting with Blue LED's? If so, where did you buy them and do you have the link to the website from where you bought them? I was looking to do the same with my 2010 Fiesta. I prefer the look of the Blue Ambient lighting in the newer Fiestas than the red that's in them at the moment.

Cheers mate,

Gee.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club