Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One-Touch Electric Windows Problem

Bluee

If your car is equipped with universal opening then you can control the windows by pressing the lock button on the key once, and then again but this time keeping the button depressed. After a few seconds the windows will close. To open them do the same but with the unlock button. As I said though this only works on certain cars.

Mine does this but since unlocked one press double deadlock it wont do it pressing keyless button on handle but will work on remote fob.

Yunii

• 2 months later...

I have tried this but to no avail.

From the driver side switch: the driver side window works correctly but the passenger window does not auto one touch open nor close.

I do not have any wind deflectors installed so I'm wondering if the passenger windows even have one touch activated or installed?

Anyone else experience this?

My drivers side window works fine, however passenger side doesn't. I tried the suggestion mentioned here last night and after ten seconds, there is a click and the window stays up. It then won't go back down until I hold the button down for ten seconds, at which point it stays down and won't come back up unless I hold again for ten seconds, and so on!

Has anyone else had this issue? The passenger window is significantly slower than drivers, if that makes any difference.

Thanks

After fitting my wind deflectors my passenger side window wouldn't open/close on the global function. Re-programmed it by fully lowering it then closing it and held the button up for 10 seconds, which cured it so global option now functional again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Good to know guys as mine went back to the dealer with this fault, took an age to get booked in as I had to speak to central booking line who were not overly happy I wanted to wait with my Car as they said it could be a big job.

Waited a week for my appointment at the dealer and it was done in no time, so I had a coffee while the valeted it for me

• 1 month later...

I have tried this but to no avail.

From the driver side switch: the driver side window works correctly but the passenger window does not auto one touch open nor close.

I do not have any wind deflectors installed so I'm wondering if the passenger windows even have one touch activated or installed?

Anyone else experience this?

I have a 2012 zetec s my drivers window has one touch open and close but passenger doesnt i think its just the way ford made them it did it without the wind deflectors i fitted to my car.

• 4 months later...

Guys and Girls, slightly different problem I think, apologies if I'm being a bit thick, Had my Zetec 3dr for a few days its a 2014, both windows will only open to half way? did have the battery disconnected to do a sub install, do you think this is just a reset issue?

• 4 weeks later...

My drivers window drops in 5 steps but the passenger drops in one go (as long as I keep holding the button, not one touch) I tried holding the buttons for 10 seconds but it didn't work, any one had this? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mint! Works for me after battery fully dead..... Thanks BP2411 for the link to this sticky which I never saw :blush:

• 1 month later...
On 23 September 2015 at 11:40 AM, DanaScully said:

My drivers side window works fine, however passenger side doesn't. I tried the suggestion mentioned here last night and after ten seconds, there is a click and the window stays up. It then won't go back down until I hold the button down for ten seconds, at which point it stays down and won't come back up unless I hold again for ten seconds, and so on!

Has anyone else had this issue? The passenger window is significantly slower than drivers, if that makes any difference.

Thanks

I picked my car up today and mine does exactly as you've described as well with the slow Windows and clicks.

Only the drivers window works with 1 click the rest do as you mentioned.

Did you manage to sort it out?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the help both windows working now .Ford are useless ,i phoned them and they said they may have to get new parts .Service department should know about this little trick . They don,t even reset the clock after they disconnect the battery .Why did i ever buy a Ford .

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/08/2016 at 9:17 PM, Baggi0 said:

I picked my car up today and mine does exactly as you've described as well with the slow Windows and clicks.

Only the drivers window works with 1 click the rest do as you mentioned.

Did you manage to sort it out?

I'm afraid not, haven't been able to find a fix as yet.

Thanks for the reply.

I found out the its only the drivers side that is one touch and as for the slow windows spraying the rubber channels with silicone spray has helped them tremendously.

They all now go up at the same speed, so i'd do that if your still having a problem :smile:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 23/04/2016 at 1:29 AM, PJK99 said:

Guys and Girls, slightly different problem I think, apologies if I'm being a bit thick, Had my Zetec 3dr for a few days its a 2014, both windows will only open to half way? did have the battery disconnected to do a sub install, do you think this is just a reset issue?

Appreciate it's a bit of a resurrection and a bit off-topic but probably worth noting in case it solves your issue or helps someone else.

When i got my car a week ago, the passenger window was going down half way. It worked fine going up and down but always stopped at the same spot.

Upon removing the door card, i realised it was blocked by the mirror cable. It appears the previous owner had replaced the mirror and didn't feed the wire correctly so it was crossing the path of the window as it went down.

Initially i tried removing the inner door card also, but it wasn't necessary.

An easy way to feed it correctly, is to remove the mirror completely, lower the window fully and then feed the mirror cable. This way, the wrong path will be blocked.

My recent experience with this is, I have 1 touch up and down but had to set the one touch up on my passengers side and then holding the lock and unlock button on the fob makes the windows open and close

• 2 months later...

Help, one touch is not working on my drivers side

Passenger's side works fine but drivers side only goes down with one touch it wont go up, any ideas?

Tried the reset options in this thread and in a manual I have but no joy...

• 3 months later...

Was just about to ask this one - got a dudd battery and the windows dont go up and down with one touch now since I jumpstarted the car with another battery.

Tried all options - my old Rover 820si you had to put both windows down then up together to reset so tried this and more.

So just put the windows down and hold for a few seconds lol
I think I tried everything but that lol

Cheers!

To reset the windows, follow these steps:

Hold the down switch until the window is fully lowered

Release the switch momentarily, and then press down again for 5 seconds

Hold the up switch until the window is fully raised

Release the switch momentarily, and then press up again for 5 seconds

This window will now be set for one touch and global opening/closing (if you have both front & rear powered windows). Repeat this procedure for each individual window.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Nope didnt work.

Back to the drawing board.

Might need to pull the battery I am running out of ideas!

From The Fiesta Manual (Page 54):-

Resetting the Bounce-Back Feature WARNING The bounce-back feature remains turned off until you reset the memory. If you have disconnected the battery, you must reset the bounce-back memory separately for each window. 1. Lift and hold the control until the window is fully closed. 2. Release the control. 3. Lift and hold the control again for a few seconds. 4. Release the control. 5. Lift and hold the control again for a few seconds. 6. Release the control. 7. Press and hold the control until the window is fully open. 8. Lift and hold the control until the window is fully closed. 9. Release the control. 10. Open the window and then try to close it automatically. 11. Repeat the procedure if the wind

Just tried today - If you have a MK7 Fiesta I can confirm the above worked a treat - both windows now back to one touch mode!
Yay!

• 4 months later...

So I want to do the opposite of what everyone wants in here and turn off the one-touch drivers window lol

I have wind deflectors on each window and when I use the one-touch on the driver's side the anti-pinch feature puts the window up and back down twice because it thinks something in there before I can close it myself manually and it's doing my nut in.

I've had the battery off to fix something not long ago and that didn't reset it.  Any idea's on how I can turn the one-touch off? 

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Thanks for this - the person I bought my car from had deflectors installed, but hadn't ever reset the OTW; I've since done this, and both work perfectly now 🙂

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2015 at 11:40 AM, DanaScully said:

Thanks

buy some silicone spray from screwfix 3 squid. spray both sides inside rubber and then move window up and down few times then spray again. will work perfect then.