Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

nomininolife

Fiesta Diesel Heater plug circuit

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I run a Fiesta diesel 1994 MK3 as my daily hack.

I have a problem with the heater plug circuit, the heater plugs themselves are fine, I know this because I link them direct to the battery every morning via a jump lead and it fires up straight away.

My first thoughts were that the problem was with the heater plug relay,

I have tried two different relays, one from a scrap yard and a new sky parts unit but still nothing so I do not believe it was the relay in the first place.

My questions are: a) is there a fuse that could have blown somewhere (I cant find one in the fuse box)?

B) Does anyone else have any experience of this problem?

c) Does anyone have a wiring diagram

Any feedback is gratefully received

Thanks

David

Hi Guys

I run a Fiesta diesel 1994 MK3 as my daily hack.

I have a problem with the heater plug circuit, the heater plugs themselves are fine, I know this because I link them direct to the battery every morning via a jump lead and it fires up straight away.

My first thoughts were that the problem was with the heater plug relay,

I have tried two different relays, one from a scrap yard and a new sky parts unit but still nothing so I do not believe it was the relay in the first place.

My questions are: a) is there a fuse that could have blown somewhere (I cant find one in the fuse box)?

B) Does anyone else have any experience of this problem?

c) Does anyone have a wiring diagram

Any feedback is gratefully received

Thanks

David

A bit late to reply but might still help, I would assume you should have a fuse somewhere in its own box. ( where, i`m not sure but i used to drive a cavalier diesel and on the bulkhead was one fuse on its own for this ) If this has blown you will probably have a bad earth somewhere so will need to find that, then replace the fuse.

Thanks for the reply, the gearbox chucked the towel in before I could get this sorted so I weighed it in.

Again thanks for the reply.

David

Thanks for the reply, the gearbox chucked the towel in before I could get this sorted so I weighed it in.

Again thanks for the reply.

David

yw mate, i just joined up yesterday but would have thought the "mods" would at least know about fords or someone would have answered long ago seeing as there are a few who "claim" to be ford mechanics posting here!