Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Lx Mpg Issue

seansparco

Hi everyone i got my 2004 Mondeo LX 2.0 about 3 months ago, when i first got it, it had no go past 4,000 RPM and was getting a average of 28 MPG, I worked out that it was the fuel pump that was the issue so i had it replaced for a new one along with a new fuel filter. But no matter how easy i drive the car i am getting 30 MPG. I have also noticed that when i put petrol in it the distance till empty is way out. E.G. 230 miles till empty but i will only get about 100 to 120 miles.

I have tried resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery over night and it didn't make a difference.

Is this normal for MPG?

Car someone help me out with this as i am thinking of selling it dew to the low MPG.

Thanks

Petrol or diesel? If petrol I would say that is about right, 30mpg average. My 1.8 focus isn't much better

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Petrol or diesel? If petrol I would say that is about right, 30mpg average. My 1.8 focus isn't much better

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Yea she is the Petrol model, Just made me question it was the hug difference i was getting between miles to empty and actual miles because with the old fuel pump i was actually getting the miles.

It isn't far off, to be honest. I'd have expected something more like 34, or so, but that isn't a massive difference, and it also depends on a number of other things such as driving conditions, driving style, tyres, tracking, oil, etc, as well as the engine itself.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club