Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlamps Keep Blowing

gibbsy

Hi

I have a ford focus zetec registered march 2005.

Over the past 3 months i have replaced the front headlamps every 3 weeks, or there abouts.

They don't blow together one goes, i replace it 3 weeks later the other side goes.

Its not the full beam that fine its the normal dipped lights.

The fuses haven't been touched, i have had the car for 2 years and this has only started happening in the past 3 months.

Now changing them etc. isn't an issue but i simply cant afford to keep having to replace bulbs like this.

Has anybody had a similar issue?

Does anybody know of a similar issue?

Can anybody suggest anything to start looking at?

At the moment im running some version of Osram bulbs, i think its one of the brighter bulbs cant remember the name. I know some people think Osram are rubbish so what would you suggest? Phillips, Halfrauds own brand? Other brand?

I was having the same problem. But my bulbs don't secure properly so using tape to hold them I'm place until I can afford new headlights.

Go to eurocarparts cost me under £3 for two dipped beam bulbs H7 I think. And they have lasted me 6/7 weeks so far. Never heard of the brand before (neolux) and there not the brightest but cheap and easy.

Nightbreakers are usually good if that's what they are!

I have seen a similar issue where the alternator was on the way out, the regulator was allowing too much voltage through which ultimately blew the bulbs.

Not sure of the model of the bulbs.

Could be the altenator but I will wait before replacing that.

I'm going to teat the voltage when I turn the ignition as the bulb blows when I start the car. I know when its happened as the headlamps come on occasionally when I turn the ignition and basically I then know one of the bulbs has blown.

Yep they where Osram nightbreakers, i dont think they are very good as they only last a few weeks.

I've had nightbreakers for about a year now.

I've had nightbreakers last well over a year in other cars so I don't think its them at fault myself.

They're what I usually go for but have HIDs in the Focus.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club