Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show Us Your Clean Focus!

Goodkat

There are so many 'My focus is broken - please help' threads on here, how about we celebrate all things Focus by showing off the cleanliness of your pride and joy? As the winter months are coming, I am sure there will be many filthy ones on here. So, I will start. I have spent all afternoon washing and polishing mine...

IMG_0309_zps4d1c332d.jpg

IMG_0303_zps1203ea49.jpg

IMG_0313_zpsacee9f56.jpg

• Like 2

Think its the wrong time of year for shiny pics lol.

Heres mine clean and wet though...keep meaning to get a beading shot as the wax is working well!

IMAG4111_zpsf13ec9b0.jpg

• Like 1

This is mine clean, taken a few weeks ago!

Est1.png

Est2.png

Est3.png

Est4.png

What product did you use to get that perfect reflection, Smudge?

Hi Tom,

First washed the car using AutoGlym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, followed by a full clay barring. I then used Meguiars Ultimate Compound to remove as many surface detects as possible. I use several polishes which each perform well depending on the task. As the previous step removed all swirl marks, I used Mer Ultimate Shine Polish topped off with Farecla G3 Super Resin Wax.

Both the compound and polish were applied using the Meguiars DA Power System in co-operation with a 3000rmp corded drill. (defiantly recommend if you can't afford a 'proper' DA or don't have the confidence to use one)

When I bought the car early October, the paintwork was in a right state, but with a bit of work (over a days worth lol), as you can see it's now pretty pristine.

HTH.

• Like 2

It is the wrong time, certainly. Give it a couple of weeks and we can have a dirtiest car competition! Loving the photos so far!

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 1

My MK1 Estate (sold) after the same treatment by hand:

fsh3.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

First washed the car using AutoGlym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, followed by a full clay barring. I then used Meguiars Ultimate Compound to remove as many surface detects as possible. I use several polishes which each perform well depending on the task. As the previous step removed all swirl marks, I used Mer Ultimate Shine Polish topped off with Farecla G3 Super Resin Wax.

Both the compound and polish were applied using the Meguiars DA Power System in co-operation with a 3000rmp corded drill. (defiantly recommend if you can't afford a 'proper' DA or don't have the confidence to use one)

When I bought the car early October, the paintwork was in a right state, but with a bit of work (over a days worth lol), as you can see it's now pretty pristine.

HTH.

Do you fancy doing mine? ;)

Sounds like a lot of effort tbh, but definitely worth it with those results!

My usual is just a wash, AG SRP and topped with Poorboys Nattys wax. All done by hand currently. But I just can't get the depth of shine I'd like. This was a few weeks back using the above method:

IMAG4019_zps71b6d52c.jpg

The camera doesn't help. but theres a lot more to be had from the paintwork I think! Won't be doing any more this year, except the odd blast with the jetwash. But will definitely consider claying and a compound polish (hopefully with a DA or similar) next year.

• Like 2

I think I will give mine a claying next year, here I was all proud of my polish job but some here are making mine look crap in comparison! Keep the photos coming chaps, looking good!

• Like 1

The ST after one of it's many baths, it rarely gets more than that as I just don't get the time and it looks good enough to me with just it's usual Gold class shampoo treatment.

IMG_23711.jpg

• Like 3

Colour looks nice on that shape focus. I never use soap on my cars. Just damp cloth then a wash. Once every 6 months give it a good wax.

• Like 1

Please excuse the ugly bugger lent on it, i was striking a pose. :rolleyes:

ianstoy3_zps113ee1c8.jpg

• Like 1

Cleaned my windscreen...that's about it lol

Amazing how much easier it is to drive when you can see where you're going :p

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club