• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

19pedro95

Broken Heated Windscreen - Passenger Side

My heated windscreen on the passenger inst working, I've looked other posts on the forums but they only talk about the older models of my car, I have a Ford Focus Zetec 2008 and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem with this model. I understand that theirs a chance that it could be the fuse but have been told that it is very unlikely.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks

I am sure I read somewhere that each side is seperately fused, so theoretically that could be right. I am sure someone who actually knows if this is the case will be along shortly who will help.

This happened to mine, it is a terrible design as the wiper mechanism can rub on the cable and eventually just sever it. from my experience there is no fix if the cable is cut. Thankfully I developed a "chip" in my windscreen and had to get a new screen fitted on my insurance. :)

The ribbon is fine, a bit dirty but thats it, anyone else got any ideas, i think its the windscreen myself, but im not exactly an expert.

This happened to mine, it is a terrible design as the wiper mechanism can rub on the cable and eventually just sever it.

not a design fault there are clips that ho;d the ribbons out the way the fault is either at the factory with some cars or people not clipping them in after doing work on the car