Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync: Iphone Texting Problem.

spangle

Just had my Focus Titanium serviced and mentioned the problem of not receiving notification of who is sending a text (as per the advert) as well as the fact that you can only receive a text if the phone is locked.

Apparently this is something Ford are aware of and I was given a document explaining how this is rectified. This document only shows you how to unsync and ensure you check settings whilst sync is disconnected.

Done all that repaired the phone and nothing has changed.

The garage said that this fault was to do with the release of ios8 but I have had the same problem since having the car from new two years ago.

Presumably there is no cure to this problem but thought I would post in case anyone else has experienced this problem and, of course, if anyone has a fix.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has iPhone on ios 8 (or 8.1) and it works OR, if anyone has ANY mobile phone that does work correctly with Sync.

I'll now email Apple to see what they have to say.

Many thanks for listening.

Its well known theres issues some say its because microsoft does fords sync software and it is mainly iphones that cause the issues apple will be of no help its microsoft youll need to contact

Ford sync does NOT support sms services on an iPhone, never has, probably never will. Its not the only one either. tomtom, Parrot and many others don't as Apple uses its own standard for this

Thanks for the comments.

As regards Microsoft\Sync; surely it's Ford's responsibility that the software installed is compatible with one of the most popular phone manufacturers and not advertise something that only works with certain phones. As regards Sync not supporting SMS on iPhones: if that were the case I would not be able to receive ANY texts, but I can, unfortunately only when the phone is locked and without caller I/D.

Thanks again but I don't want to give up on this one without a (bit of) a fight.

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/how-to-allow-ios-text-messaging-sync-myford-touch

its an issue even in the u.s and said to be an iPhone issue try this also Way to do it if anyone has an iPhone - go onto bluetooth - click on SYNC (Settings) then click on show notifications, this will then show incoming text messages

Thanks for that last post, at least I can see that you can only receive a text if the iPhone is locked but, unlike the ad it will not show caller i/d. I have emails with Apple/Microsoft and Ford outstanding. If I receive any positive news I'll post it.

Mine works fine for texts and I'm on ios8.1. There are problems getting it to work as said need to set notifications whilst car is all switched off then turn everything back on and should work.

I have tomtom on my phone and that will only work with BT switched on which is a pain as I use a usb for my music.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for your comment. When you say it works for you, do you receive a caller I/d? I only get "text from unknown".

As regards Notifications: makes no difference if it's on or off.

Appreciate your reply.

Yeh tells me incoming text from "name" as its entered in my phone book

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

You're very lucky but thanks for your reply. Switching notifications on and off in Sync makes no difference.

I've yet to hear from Microsoft/Apple/Ford so just about to give up.

Thanks all for your help.

As above mine works fine after performing the above as mentioned but I think you also need to ensure that in bluetooth settings on iPhone show notifications is set to on

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hmm in that case I'm lost! Hopefully you'll get a response from one of them soon

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club