Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak In The Boot Of My Mk2 Estate

Adam F

Hi all,

I have a water leak, offside in the boot. Appears to drip down from the slatted vent in the corner and from behind the auxiliary power outlet.

Anyone had this issue or know how to stop it? I'm not keen on the damp smell it's creating!

Cheers,

Adam

Some Focus hatchbacks had problems where the tailgate hinge pockets needed re-sealing, not certain if the estate could also suffer from this. Another possible area would be the rear light fittings and wiring grommets.

Sometime it's worth just diving in to strip the side trim out, dry up all the water that's there then use a hosepipe or small jug to put water onto the back end of the car and start tracing where you can see it coming into the cabin.

Had the same problem. Turned out to be small gaps/holes letting in water at the end if the roof rail. Water running down into vents/Believe it's a well documented problem with the Mk2 estate. Stupidly took it to the local ford dealer who charged a small fortune to fix. Initially they just put a little bit of silicon around the joins but leak still persisted. Later took off roof rail & inside trim, sealed from inside & out. Would probs give it ago myself next time if the other side goes. Also check boot hinges & rear light fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Thank you both for the comments. I think I'll start with the easy ones, hinges and light fittings. Hopefully that will resolve it.

I have to admit I have looked at the roof rails and thought "what if..."

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club