Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot!!!!!!!!!

Focused on my Focus

Afternoon all,

I have just had a call from the misses saying the her ford focus (same as mine but in green) hasnt passed the MOT due to her number plate lights (front and back) not working.

Apparently bulbs have been changed and fuses.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Wayne

The most likely cause is that the wire has fractured inside the rubber boot where it passes from the body into the tailgate. This is a common weak spot on most hatchbacks and estates, not just Fords.

I recently noticed the high-level brake light on the wife's estate wasn't working. This turned out to be a fracture and I found two other wires where the insulation had cracked and also the rear screenwash tubing was cracked in two places.

Not sure what you mean by 'front and back' - there aren't any on the front numberplate.

Hi Mike T,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your responce.

The mechanic at the garage was obviously wearing a mask when he told the wife, :ph34r: " i cant pass your MOT because you have no lights on your number plate. To fix it you will need to have your entire car rewired!"

So going by what you said Mike, i looked in the boot behind the number plate and all i had to do was to reconnect a wire that had come out, which took a few seconds.

I (not the wife this time) ;) took the car back and he passed the MOT and didnt mention anything about wiring!

Thanks for your advice Mike T you saved my wife and i a lot of money.

Kind regards

Wayne

Hi Wayne, I'm glad you fixed it so easily and that it wasn't broken inside the rubber gaiter. That would have been a lot more fiddly to fix.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club