Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dual Mass Fly Wheel To Single Conversion

sambo87

Hi all I have a ford focus 1.8tdci 2007 and the dual mass fly wheel is on it's way out was wondering if any body has ever fitted a conversion kit I have heard some bad reports about gear boxes and cranks getting bent any body got any horror stories or good feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If the price isn't much different I'd say stick with the DMF - there's a good chance the parts now available have had a lot of the durability problems worked out and worst case it should last at least as long as the last one, so that's 7 years if this is the first time it's been replaced in a 2007 car.

• Like 1

Yeah pretty similar prices I just can't make up my mind what parts to use don't want to put the cheapest on but fords prices are loads more expensive than everywhere !

Genuine ford will probably be Sachs so have a look online and see what you can do price wise.

I am of the very same opinion as Troy, if the original has lasted 7 years there is no reason why a replacement can't last that long too.