Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which One Are You?

Willy

Unfortunately the Darwin principle will come in to play eventually, but some poor bystander or motorist coming the other way and observing legal limits will also be removed from the gene pool. If you do have a death wish do please find a way that doesn't impact on others

Gordon Bennett, Mark. I'm not talking about 50 in obviously built up areas with all the accompanying hazards. There are loads of places with 30 limits which should really be the national speed limit. Presumably you pootle at 30 even in those areas? ST and all? WTF are you doing with an ST? Enjoy the damn thing. What speed do you do along national speed limit country lanes?

• Like 1

Gordon Bennett, Mark. I'm not talking about 50 in obviously built up areas with all the accompanying hazards. There are loads of places with 30 limits which should really be the national speed limit. Presumably you pootle at 30 even in those areas? ST and all? WTF are you doing with an ST? Enjoy the damn thing. What speed do you do along national speed limit country lanes?

You can imagine how the conversation goes.

"Sorry officer but I don't belive I should obey the speed limit"

• Like 1

If a country road that has a 60 limit had some areas that have been reduced to 30 its not been done for the fun of it or keep signwriters in work, it's been done because of a actual or potential hazard. A few minutes driving at that speed won't hurt you.

I do enjoy driving my ST even when sticking at 30 or whatever the limit is, do I push it on roads with higher limits? Sometimes if the conditions allow. Would I drive faster than a 30 limit? No

• Like 1

So that's 3 guys, an ST, an MP135 and a 125 Tit.

Nurse, nurse, break out the Micras -_-

<snip> Would I drive faster than a 30 limit? No

Unbelievable. Right, that's it, i'm hitting the bottle :)

What has the model of car got to do with anything.

People with Porsches and ferraris and even more exotic machinery can and do obey speed limits.

Unbelievable. Right, that's it, i'm hitting the bottle :)

I doesn't sound like you've ever stopped, aslong as that's not another rule you don't think is for you.

As I say what speed you do is your own choice but in a posted limit such as a 30 I would personally do that. Why? Because in my line of work I come across enough people overdoing the speed limit and doing someone else serious harm

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I get what your trying to get at here. There's a road in Bradford, 3 lanes each way and its a 30mp one of my mates works for highways and even he can't understand why.

Mark, i'm convinced that you're extracting the Michael. You're comments are as insane to me as mine appear to be to you.

I'm sure i'd buy a boatload of horses just to pootle about the place, not.

Thanks Philf1, do YOU always stick to 30?

Sorry, you think I'm taking the P for thinking your stupid, for saying you think it's safe to do 50 in a 30 zone. I think more people on here and in general would agree with me than you.

Just because you have a few bhp doesn't mean they have to be used all the time.

Ahahaha okay, OMG, I don't redline it everywhere are you kidding me? Might as well shoot me now..lol

I must admit, going through my own village/town at 2am I do venture above the 30 limit as there is literally no one around/I know the roads well. Does that mean you should drive around everywhere like a bat out of hell? No. Realistically is it safe to continually break speed limits. Specifically put in place to save lives rather than endanger them? No. If a deer/child/whatever doesn't jump out at you this week it could be next. Not only could you hurt yourself, but other road users/pedestrians as well.... But it's alright, you've got an ST/titX - they'll understand!

Interesting there's loads of roads that should be national instead of 30, the opposite is also true due to poor visibility, road surface, road layouts etc. Don't get me started on sharp turn chevrons where there shouldn't be and visa versa!!

Simply, the government don't have the capacity to sort every road out in terms of speed limit, markings etc - they largely work off statistics so just because that road you think is a racing circuit is a 30 today, doesn't mean it won't be raised to a 40 limit in a years time.. Should you do 70 on it? No. Will it get you there any quicker? Highly doubtful.

Always drive to the conditions, observe speed limits, as they're there to help you when road conditions change and hazards appear..

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

When travelling down roads I do not know, I always mind the speed limit, as you never know what's coming round the next bend or blind spot, school, child in road, speed camera etc.

On roads I know well I assess the conditions (road quality, weather etc), scan for hazards (pedestrians that could walk out, other road users, blind spots etc) and adjust my speed accordingly. Sometimes higher sometimes lower, as there are many national speed limit tiny little lanes barely more than one car wide where it's plain crazy to do 60mph!

Speed limits are there for the people who lack the intelligence or inclination to do the above.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club