Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pcp Or Hire Purchase

Tommm1

I want an ST-2 but am sure on how I should pay for it,

A PCP deal is

4k deposit

£179 a month for 24 months (=£4296)

With a guaranteed value of £9000,

So realistically it should be worth £11,000 after 2 years if treated well so I would have £2,000 towards my next deposit and would only have to find another £2000 to put towards the £4000 deposit on a renewed deal, with me paying similar to £179 a month again. So after 4 years I would have paid around £14-15K and had 2 new cars but then don't own anything.

Or I can hire purchase and can afford £10,000 deposit which would equal £160 a month for 4 years. I would have paid £19,00 but would own the car car thats worth about £8-9000 ish.

Any suggestions or experience? and I defiantly don't want to lease the car!

You say you don't want to lease the car but.....

Either of those deals you're losing 10K either way minimum. they aren't worth 11K at trade in value after 2 years regardless, you'll be lucky to get 10 and that's hoping Ford don't bring out another Fiesta in 2 years time, which they probably will, everyone is expecting an RS model to come out which will kill the value of the ST as it's no longer the best model.

The private lease deal is only going to lose you what...£4296 plus deposit of £800, but they tax and service the car twice which is £800 anyway. and be able to walk away from it at the end, that's also a plus if you fancy something else after 2 years.

it isn't wise to finance a car longer than the warranty period either, you won't want to be paying for a car and also having to replace parts and fix it all the time if anything goes wrong.

Personally I'd go with the lease, I really really wish that deal was going before I splashed out £14.5k for the car.

But if you really don't want to lease it, go with option 1, it's the same deal in the end of the day but it does cost you double the private lease deal, and you don't have to stump up £4k just to pay the VAT off on the car.

hmm, you are selling the lease idea to me, would you suggest doing it through Ford or a private lease company?

go with Gateway2lease or similar, their current deal is £800 down and £179PM for 24 months, for the St3 inc met paint and it's in stock no waiting etc etc.

Fords only deal is £4k down and £199PM iirc.

Just a much better deal saves you thousands, not many deals about that save you a few K.

they also have or had Golf R's, A1 Quatto Sports ( the 4wd 240BHP one ) and S3's etc for about £249PM, some stupidly cheap deal, was trying to get a M135i for that amount but BMW got the hump with them discounting too much and made it business deals only, which sucks.

They may even have Focus St's now.

Couldn't agree more with matt, leasing is the best option at the moment and your not losing as much money, no worries just drive it and hand it back.

but with these lease companies if you scratch or scuff it just a bit will they screw you over in paying for it?

No more than some tyre kicking salesman, the conditions are generally " reasonable condition" Ford will scour the car all over trying to give you the bare minimum for it, these lease deals will just auction the cars off when you hand them back.

I had it with mine, the dealer knocked off £50 from the previous owner for a wheel refurb NSF ( it was on the form they handed me doing the inspection ) no wheel was ever refurbed, they are just bandits

I'd much rather deal with a lease company than a dealer, more professional.

After 2 years with the term "reasonable condition" and doing average mileage and used for commuting I'd expect the odd mark, Ford will obviously expect minter than mint to meet their valuing of the car.

Plus if there's any scratches etc, just get them sorted before you give it back if you don't wanna get screwed over. Otherwise look after it as if you'd bought it and you'll have no problems :p

You are right, I have looked at leasing now and won't be buying the car to the new year... thanks for the help

I'll be leasing my ST-2 through a company called Future Vehicle Leasing. I think it's around £1k down, plus £164 a month including VAT. 24 month lease, 10,000 miles. Think that's quite a bargain to be honest.

Personally I went hire purchase because I want to actually own the car when I'm done... Also should give me a couple of years plus without paying £100+ a month depending on how long I keep the car. Leasing means you're always gonna be paying someone!

Just my thoughts... I don't wanna start any wars :P