Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Egr Blank & Eml?

TomsFocus

Hi guys,

Does the EML come on with a full blank on the EGR on a mk2.5 1.6 TDCi?

If so, any way to keep it off, without a holey plate or remap!

Cheers

Tom

Hi there, I have the same car and have had my egr blanked with the solid plate for nearly 2000 miles now with no eml. Hope this helps, Martin

same here, 6k and no eml, I am wondering if there is any benefit on doing both ends of it though?

I've got a 2.0 TDCi and blanked my egr, I get EML after about 5 mins of driving, but it may have something to do with my heavy right foot, I dont know

Hmm, maybe the 1.6 doesn't throw the EML and the 2.0 does then? Anyone else with either can add to the list?

Darren, yours should have been mapped out with the DPF removal map I reckon. There's no benefit to doing both ends. In fact, leaving the exhaust side open should allow quicker warm up due to the EGR cooler, but I don't know if it'd be noticeable in real world driving.

Its something to do with either being a vacuum egr or an electronic one

I'm positive the 1.6 is fine, never seen any one get EMLs unless the egr was buggered before hand, blanking a blocked egr doesn't fix it, needs cleaned out first

They didn't touch the egr software though I'm gearing up to map it out myself at some point. Reason I wondered about doing the other end is the crap would surely end up stuck in that section over time, I know there's no flow of air but that doesn't mean gas isn't moving in to and out of it, but I'm no expert so I could be talking out of my AR$E

Ah I see, fair enough, I just can't put up with the EML on for the sake of an EGR blank lol. Had enough of that with my Vectra.

Oh, its pretty easy to map out the EGR I think, it doesn't open in minus temps, so just fool it into not opening until some ridiculous temp (100c) and that should keep it closed electronically. That said, I couldn't find the EGR map in mine! I looked through the whole standard map on WINols but its a bit beyond me lol.

I've just checked and it looks like you put the blank in on the exhaust end on these, straight from the head. The other end just goes to the plastic inlet so all that will be going down there is a very light dusting of crank breather oil when the turbo boosts, which wont cause any harm without the EGR soot, its the two combined that makes the sticky mess! Hopefully this pic shows what I mean, but correct me if I'm wrong!

post-58818-0-76293700-1416148775_thumb.p

So my earlier statement about warm up is also wrong, if there is a noticeable longer warm up, it will occur with the blank already in place. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club