Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Camera Works When It Wants???

jace1969

As the title,most times its a blue screen then it goes off,beeps still work all the time.

Camera is clean and not wet,its the rear-view-mirror one.

Where are these connected to like on the gearbox or is it just connected to the reverse lights

Do you get at the camera behind the boot panel inside as no screws outside.

to trigger it to work,just seeing anything to do or check as was on car when other person had car new.

I have had car 2 weeks and covered under warranty.

Thanks

Glad it was on the car when i had it because don't think i would pay for one.

So i did think that not a lot would have these or know a lot about them.

So next thing then,how do you take the inside panel of the boot off as can't see any screws so i

can look at the wires.

Removing inner boot plastic,just pull it or some hidden screws that i have missed.

One screw where you grab the boot lid the and a screw each side of the windows trim then pull away

One screw where you grab the boot lid the and a screw each side of the windows trim then pull away

Thanks a lot,will have a look see if something is loose.

Not much luck with this,all i want to do is check the wires are ok and not wet/damp.

Taken the back of tail gate off and can't get at it,can't even see any wires in that direction.

How do you get to the wires as its not part of the number plate light,taken the light off and

still no joy,does the trim pull off whetre the lights fit into.

There's 6 / 8 10 mm nuts to remove to get to the wiring. You may also need to remove the wiper motor to gain access to the other nuts.

There's 6 / 8 10 mm nuts to remove to get to the wiring. You may also need to remove the wiper motor to gain access to the other nuts.

So the wiper and the plate behind the wiper needs to come off,mmmmmmmmmm think i will leave that.

It seems that its damp as works better after i have been in the car about 30mins.

• 1 month later...

Just had car back from going into ford for new reverse camera,works fine for now.

All done under my AA cover so got my money back from my cover i paid for.

It is the same color coded plastic cover just a new lense and stuff inside,sure these aint

a lot to buy,i had brake fluid changed and new camera and £326 all in under cover.

Are these on eBay to buy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club