Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Questions For You Mk7 St Owners!

IamDave

So, here I am with a little predicament. I was initially looking at getting the Focus ST (facelift) but due to the cost decided to keep my current focus titanium that I've had for just over a year (as I'm also starting savings for moving out eventually!).

Recently however I have looked at the Fiesta ST and realised how much I miss my MK7 Zetec S and the way it drove compared to the size and feel of the focus and the 1.0l ecoboost in the focus is good but lacking in power. So I've got some quotes on carwow for an ST-3 in spirit blue with a few of the very few extras (style pack, spare wheel & parking sensors) and have been quoted £17,457 which seems reasonable so I may visit my local dealer with this quote.

Anyway I'm rambling my questions to anyone who has driven one or owns one now is:

1. With it being 6 speed reverse is different to that of my ZS. Does it have a synchro so you don't have to sit there messing about waiting forever to reverse so it doesn't crunch?

2. what's the build quality like? I know my ZS was quite good but suffered from a dash rattle and the wheels squeaking which I never sussed out

3.What sort of MPG do you get generally (although not a huge factor I'm just curious)

4. Have any of you gone from a focus to a fiesta and how did you find it?

I have just realised yes technically it's a MK7.5 and I messed up and put MK7 :P

I think that's it sorry for rambling :D

I've got a St fiesta cracking motor never had to wait for reverse I got about 32 to the gallon but I have a heavy foot lol

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I went from a focus titanium to a golf gti then to my metal edition and when I first got it wow if felt tiny and sometimes still does but it handles much better and now I'm settled in its like I have my own wee cockpit

• Like 1

Not had it crunch into reverse, aslong as you've stopped moving it should go into reverse easily.

Build quality will be the same as your old fiesta, I've not had any rattles or squeaks in either of mine.

Mpg, depends on how you drive, mines mountuned and I average 38-40.

Get a quote from Drivethedeal they should get it down to £16500, then try to get your local dealer to match it.

• Like 1

Yeah just been on and got a quote might go on with it and see what they can do at least the problems I had with the ZS seem less prevalent in the ST you guys might have sold it to me ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Build quality has been the same good quality as in all the fiesta I've had (mk7 zetec, 7.5 zs, now ST). Ive not had any problems witb rattling but i know a few people on here have.

I'm getting 30 mpg, but only 500 miles on the clock so should improve. Also still can't help putting my foot down a bit to hear that nice exhaust note :)

Also still can't help putting my foot down a bit to hear that nice exhaust note :)

From what I've heard of it I'd probably be the same :D

How do you find the ride in it? The ZS was firm but more than bearable I'm still undecided between Focus ST of the Fiesta ST in some ways having a bigger car is nice but I also know the focus won't handle as well as the fiesta, plus there's the £7k odd price difference!

It's a lot firmer than the ZS, but it's not uncomfortable. I suppose the hugging bucket seats help with that though :)

Thanks! I'm planning on going down to the local dealers and test drive one see what it's like thinI might go for it though it's cheaper and the spec isn't much different from that of what I have now

You'll love it mate honestly. Bet you get out of the car with a massive grin on your face :p

• Like 1

As others have said really. Build quality is good not great, ride is hard but I've never found it uncomfortable, a couple of rattles but nothing too bad (one of them fixed at the dealer). Once you test drive one you'll want it, you can't put a price on how this car makes you feel. I've had mine nearly 7 months and it still puts a smile on my face whenever I get in it :)

I've averaged about 37 mpg since I got the car, but had up to 48 on a long motorway trip. Can't complain about that considering the performance.

• Like 2

Well I think you guys may have sold it to me going to pop to the dealers tomorrow and have a look at one and talk money with them :D I'm very tempted by the molten orange though I have to admit ;)

Don't commit to it straight away mind, make sure you let them know you're aware of how car sales work margins sites like drive the deal/carwow etc.. Knock em all the way down so there's only peanuts in it ;)

Well unfortunately I don't think it's the car for me, I didn't go as far as a test drive as I sat in the drivers seat and didn't find the recaro's comfortable at all my back was aching after sitting in it for a few minutes! It's still a very nice car though but I don't think I'll be getting one now, maybe I'm just getting old before my time :D

Also (although not my local dealer) not one salesman came over to speak to me they just blatantly ignored us, I went to a different brand's garage who were much more attentive!!

Well unfortunately I don't think it's the car for me, I didn't go as far as a test drive as I sat in the drivers seat and didn't find the recaro's comfortable at all my back was aching after sitting in it for a few minutes! It's still a very nice car though but I don't think I'll be getting one now, maybe I'm just getting old before my time :D

Also (although not my local dealer) not one salesman came over to speak to me they just blatantly ignored us, I went to a different brand's garage who were much more attentive!!

I think your the first person I've ever seen say that the seats aren't comfortable lol.

I'm sure you'll find something you like soon enough that gives you as much of a buzz as our ST'S do for us :)

I think your the first person I've ever seen say that the seats aren't comfortable lol.

I'm sure you'll find something you like soon enough that gives you as much of a buzz as our ST'S do for us :)

I'm just strange! :D I have to admit I thought they'd be ok but they just gave me back ache! no matter what seating position it was in. I am actually a little disappointed as it's a nice car but never mind thanks guys for your input anyway! :)

Did you have a go at adjusting the seat? If someone else had it set up funny it could make it seem uncomfortable, when set up properly you might be ok with it. They also mould to fit you better over time, or that's how it seems.

I can see why you might not feel comfortable in the seats though because they are shaped very differently to normal seats. There is a lot of lumbar support which means you really have to shift back in the seat so most of your back is supported (especially lower back). I'd say go for a test drive before giving up on the car, it's a shame if it's just the seats putting you off but that's fair enough if you can't get comfortable in them.

Here is a couple of motoring journalists who also think the seats are uncomfortable.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/Long-term-tests/Ford-Fiesta-ST-2014-long-term-test-review/

I think the seats in my Tit need pummeling into submission. Only done ~240 so far and have a recurrence of sciatica :cry:

Did you have a go at adjusting the seat? If someone else had it set up funny it could make it seem uncomfortable, when set up properly you might be ok with it. They also mould to fit you better over time, or that's how it seems.

I can see why you might not feel comfortable in the seats though because they are shaped very differently to normal seats. There is a lot of lumbar support which means you really have to shift back in the seat so most of your back is supported (especially lower back). I'd say go for a test drive before giving up on the car, it's a shame if it's just the seats putting you off but that's fair enough if you can't get comfortable in them.

Yeah I tried all sorts of angles and driving positions but nothing made an improvement for me. It is a shame but I guess it's just not for me, I'll find something anyway :D

Issue with the recaros isn't really the position,

Anyone else find the base is just too long, my stumpy little legs get worn out from constantly being pressed into them when using the clutch, it's on the lowest setting too and I sit quite close, makes my back ache in traffic from doing that, pushes you into the seat back and makes you go a funny angle.

When cruising and "doing the speed limit" I think they are pretty damn awesome, traffic bad = woeful

Issue with the recaros isn't really the position,

Anyone else find the base is just too long, my stumpy little legs get worn out from constantly being pressed into them when using the clutch, it's on the lowest setting too and I sit quite close, makes my back ache in traffic from doing that, pushes you into the seat back and makes you go a funny angle.

When cruising and "doing the speed limit" I think they are pretty damn awesome, traffic bad = woeful

I know what you mean, I had to move my seat forward a little compared to my last Fiesta because of that. But luckily I'm 6ft so it's just fine for me.

The only problem I have is that the top of my back and shoulders aren't really supported, but it doesn't cause me any discomfort. I have the seat quite upright and the wheel as close to me as it will go, so to get my shoulders into the seat I'd have to move too far forward so my knees are nearly touching the trim. It seems like the seats are designed for someone who is about 6.5 ft tall with really short legs lol.

I echo what matt said. At speed and when going for a spirited drive the seats are epic , rush hour to work and back they really are uncomfortable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club