Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 1.4 Zetec - Induction Kit/oil Catch Tank Question(S)

Mrmark941

Hi all! :D

I've recently (yesterday) fitted an induction kit to my Fiesta and was questioning about the oil pipe coming from the engine into the factory air box.

Now the induction kit I have doesn't feature any place to put said pipe so I'm a little confused in what my options are, I have been told the following:

- Leave it hanging (as pictured below)

- Get a small cone filter/breather for it.

- Get a oil Catch Tank.

Now, I assume, the idea of this pipe is an 'output' of gas rather than an intake of air, which goes through your engine to get ride of any harmful fumes however, please correct me if this is not the case.

I've tried searching but cannot find a decent answer from someone who really knows their stuff. I don't want to leave it hanging and something harmful happen!

post-36107-0-17509500-1416132599_thumb.j

Is it just the case maybe of getting a small cone filter for this? I've seen other photos of peoples induction kit (like the one below) and it simply has a cone on this.

post-36107-0-46387200-1416132990_thumb.j

Any help is appreciated on this, I would rather spend money and be safe :)

Correct, the pipe is to vent gas into the airbox to be burnt by the engine and you will get some oil vapour. A catch tank is the way to go as the engine bay will end up with a thin film of oil mist over everything.

• Like 1