Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate Control Question

antman99

Hi All,

Wondered if anyone had come across this before,

My EATC on auto mode does not set the fan to any speed regardless of the temperature, sometimes the Hi and Lo will cause it to go to max but not always.

There was a fault code on the system

B10EA 0x90EA Positive temperature coefficient heater

Not sure if it is connected but it was doing it once or twice before but now seems to constantly do it, have forscan and could not see a huge amount on it that looks wrong but I am no expert.

Has anyone else heard of this issue and if so any suggestions on what is wrong,

Thanks

AFAIK the fan only operates to assist the Climate Control get to the set temperature. If the car is red hot and temp set to LO or the car is freezing and temp set to HI then the fan would usually cut in on max speed. If there is little difference between the actual and set temperatures then the fan would not be required and may not cut in at all.

Hi,

Yeh this is what it used to do but recently the fan seems to be never on more than the lowest (no lines are displayed on the small LCD for climate control).

I did suspect that but like I say the fan never seems to output any more than the lowest level even if the temp is say 12 and I set it to 25, the consequence for example is the car steams up, it never used to be a problem only recently.

• 4 years later...
On 11/16/2014 at 7:36 PM, antman99 said:

Hi All,

Wondered if anyone had come across this before,

My EATC on auto mode does not set the fan to any speed regardless of the temperature, sometimes the Hi and Lo will cause it to go to max but not always.

There was a fault code on the system

B10EA 0x90EA Positive temperature coefficient heater

Not sure if it is connected but it was doing it once or twice before but now seems to constantly do it, have forscan and could not see a huge amount on it that looks wrong but I am no expert.

Has anyone else heard of this issue and if so any suggestions on what is wrong,

Thanks

This is a slightly different code but since fixing mine I note that my fan is much more 'incremental' and no longer stays at minimum fan speeds, I hadn't noticed the fan speed to be honest, just saw the PTC fault

Read more here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club