Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smartery Madness, A Bit Long, Best Not To Bother Reading.

winemart2

I've had my new Tit 125 for ~2 days, done ~140 miles and what can I say? What numptie(s) designed (dreamed up) all the unnecessary bells and whistles? To be fair, I bought this car for the chassis and engine which I'm over the moon with, terrific, love it cept for a lousy 2nd gear below 1500 rpm, yes I know it's the turbo. I know also - when it rains, when I need the lights on, when some **** is blinding me in the rear view mirror etc etc etc. Lots of c*** to go wrong then someone decides that the heating system (where the air goes) needs to be electrically controlled, more c*** to go wrong. Then somebody thinks that the radio (which I never use) and frigging mobile phone should be integrated, whoopee, what a boon and I can even play mp3's, wow. Except for the chassis and engine, my 98 orsa and 85 XR2 were a godsend, even the seats were more comfortable. Nah, forget that, lets include some smartarse s***. So yea, high speed roadholding is excellent, like driving on rails. Acceleration is terrific for 1 litre. I love the car, not the gadgets and I'll bet that one morning (soon) I'll get in, press the start button and find the battery dead due to some smartarse gadget not shutting down overnight. I'm now waiting for airbags to fire off and the steering lock to activate for no reason.

Where's that A35 van with ecoboost?

You could have saved yourself a lot of money and just have bought a basic model!

Whats with all the moaning? You walked into the dealership and bought a titanium then moan about all the parts you have on it. Should have bought your self a zetec and you would not need to worry yourself about all the (crap going wrong as you stated above)

• Like 1

Normally this would be a TL:DR, but it does beg the question of why did you buy it in the first place, and why not go for a lesser spec if you do not want the gadgetry. But I do understand where you are coming from, having come from a fairly Spartan Accord to a moderately gadgety Zetec, I do wince when I look at the extra features and my wallet shudders with the thought of repairing the tech. My advice? Get extended warranty and enjoy the car, or get rid if it will affect your enjoyment of it.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

A love my titanium with all the gadgets the phone connected great idea ...know how many times in my last car I've lost out on overtime at work because I couldn't read messages when driving ..... New car reads them for you then all a do is press the voice thingy button and say call manager BOOM overtime received not often have I said a car has saved me money but this one's helping me get more! Lol not one thing I don't like the 1500 doesn't bother me because I do fairly urban driving and I'm still getting 44mpg (last car 32mpg in summer and 29mpg in winter) and free tax! As you said about the seats a have mine in a certain pisition that is so comfy! Literally waiting on my other half to get out from work and have fallen asleep (engine off btw) But as everyone is saying why not get zetec instead of you don't like the gadgets to be honest more basic but still good amount of gadgets still on zetec ? And get what ur meaning bout the replacement parts but one day in future all cars will be kitted out no mater what make just Ford are a little ahead lol

Whats with all the moaning? You walked into the dealership and bought a titanium then moan about all the parts you have on it. Should have bought your self a zetec and you would not need to worry yourself about all the (crap going wrong as you stated above)

I'm with you mate,why buy a car you are just gonna moan about afterwards

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 2

The other day on here someone was moaning that their keyless entry car didn't cut out when they drove away and left the keys at home (on purpose!) and now we have someone moaning about the amount of gadgets on a Titanium!

What is wrong with people! It's a car. You bought it. Stop moaning!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 5

think the issue it's 15k for a Fiesta, not a lot of money but look how much hatches used to cost, it's a lot of dough just for a Fiesta in the end of the day, I ended up hating mine and bought the ST and still kind of dislike it due to it's poor build quality ( it is still a Fiesta )

Personally what I'd do if I hated it that much OP, is ditch it now and go back to the old school where nothing goes wrong except for rust and usual wear, not even PS or leccy windows to break.

Go buy and Fiesta RS Turbo and be cooler than all of us, least it won't depreciate to around 3k in 4 years time, it'll go the other way 3 fold.

think the issue it's 15k for a Fiesta, not a lot of money but look how much hatches used to cost, it's a lot of dough just for a Fiesta in the end of the day, I ended up hating mine and bought the ST and still kind of dislike it due to it's poor build quality ( it is still a Fiesta )

Personally what I'd do if I hated it that much OP, is ditch it now and go back to the old school where nothing goes wrong except for rust and usual wear, not even PS or leccy windows to break.

Go buy and Fiesta RS Turbo and be cooler than all of us, least it won't depreciate to around 3k in 4 years time, it'll go the other way 3 fold.

The Fiesta XR2 when launched in 1981/2 was £5713 adjusting for inflation that equates to around £19300 today.

An equivalent model today, say a Zetec S, is around £15000 list.

Todays Fiesta is cheaper, better built, more comfortable, less rust prone and generally better value in every way.

Not a very good comparison, look at how much people earned and paid out in terms of house prices to car prices and compare it today, on relative terms the Xr2 was much cheaper than a car which is twice the minimum wage nearly with the average house price being what 180K compared to about 30K.

It's a fair comparison and one used for many products between past and present . can't do it for property though as that has too many factors affecting it.

It isn't, disposable income is the only way to measure these things, hence the only factor most finance companies measure lending by, it's all that matters.

Depreciation is another thing, the Xr2 has never been worth less than 1/5th of it's retail value now, these things now and most cars are worthless after 3-4 years unless you've bought something very special, that should be taken into account too, someone will go and buy this car new for £15k and some hoodie will buy a 13 plate next year for half of that, takes the !Removed!, the prices are just to high to maintain the markets and value for money.

Each model gets bigger the prices get higher, they then bring out something smaller that the last model but for the cost of the previous one, like the Golf for instance, became even bigger then the polo came out, Polo became the size of the golf and then the Up came out for the price of the golf, Mk4 golf was substantially better value for money than the Up, pony little thing, inflation has nothing to do with the cost you paid out at the time.

You aren't going to look back in 20 years time and think wow that Fiesta was 40k in todays money and think you're a hero for it.

Genuine question OP, why buy the Titanium version?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

From all the guff I'd found, and been told, the Tit was the softest ride. That's what I was after but not so sure it is, it's still pretty hard. Seems harder than the test drive car, so I dunno.

From all the guff I'd found, and been told, the Tit was the softest ride. That's what I was after but not so sure it is, it's still pretty hard. Seems harder than the test drive car, so I dunno.

What wheels do you have? Mines is like a cloud when over bumps th st my last car wudda thudded in

It isn't, disposable income is the only way to measure these things, hence the only factor most finance companies measure lending by, it's all that matters.

Depreciation is another thing, the Xr2 has never been worth less than 1/5th of it's retail value now, these things now and most cars are worthless after 3-4 years unless you've bought something very special, that should be taken into account too, someone will go and buy this car new for £15k and some hoodie will buy a 13 plate next year for half of that, takes the !Removed!, the prices are just to high to maintain the markets and value for money.

Each model gets bigger the prices get higher, they then bring out something smaller that the last model but for the cost of the previous one, like the Golf for instance, became even bigger then the polo came out, Polo became the size of the golf and then the Up came out for the price of the golf, Mk4 golf was substantially better value for money than the Up, pony little thing, inflation has nothing to do with the cost you paid out at the time.

You aren't going to look back in 20 years time and think wow that Fiesta was 40k in todays money and think you're a hero for it.

He not measuring anything,nor has his comparison got anything to do with how a finance company lends money,

The price paid for a item ( in this case an XR2) would be the equivalent in today's money of 19k, nobodies saying that the xr2 was ever worth 19k ( £1 in 1980 is the equivalent of £3 now)

This sort of comparison is used when on anything from the past when comparing it to today's equivalent product or to give a better idea of what something cost example titanic cost $7.5 million to build or in today's money $400 million.

Things get cheaper as better technology and building techniques are used so in this case it shows how much more your getting for your money.

What wheels do you have? Mines is like a cloud when over bumps th st my last car wudda thudded in

Yea, the test drive car was amazing.

I have 16" 15 spoke with 195/50 R16

Seems you should of got the zetec like others have said. Either that or have a little more faith in the car. I've never thought that my air bags are going to deploy on their own or the steering lock will come on. The gadgets are their to use, if you don't want to use them then don't use them lol :)

You haven't been trying to sell a Scimiter on eBay recently have you? (If anyones read the thread you'll get this one!)

• Like 2

I think the Titanium has the same suspension as the basic models, only the Zetec S and ST have altered suspension, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the Titanium has the same suspension as the basic models, only the Zetec S and ST have altered suspension, correct me if I'm wrong.

That's correct just different sized wheels as standard.

Has winemart2 checked his tyre pressures?

• Like 1

No I haven't, that's a thought. I don't even know what they should be, yet :)

Early days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club