Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frustration With Leaking Into Spark Plug Port

wpickett

Hello folks,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

I think I have two issues with my focus 2005 reg. Firstly I think the jet washers are leaking and causing water to get through to the top of the engine which results in it trickling into the spark plug ports. I'm fully aware of this issue and has fixed it by replacing the jet washers and adding silicone grease to them.

However, I realised I have another issue the weekend. There is a pink coloured water in the spark plug port and it seems like it's from the radiator coolant. I know this due to the colour of the water. It's a pink colour, the same as the coolant and the level of the coolant is low.

My qestion is has anyone else suffered this problem and if you did what did you do to fix it? Something is making me think it could be a leaky head gasket but I have checked the oil and still looks good. (Have been told that if was the head gasket then the oil would look white and frothy)?

Cheers

youre core plugs need replaced rotted away from the rust caused by the washer fluid leaking into the ports

youll need to take the rocker cover off and do it ide also put some kurust around the area before you put new ones in but the washer leak needs repaired first

• 2 weeks later...

WD40 is an alternative for cleaning rust. As for the spark in the water plugs, catch did a write up on it quite a while ago!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club