Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta 1.25 Engine Conversion

amjhulin

In need of help!

I have a Mk6 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec, I have spent around £6,000 so far on the car on almost everything, except the engine....

I am now looking for an engine conversion and need some advice...real advice,

I have a budget for all the parts of £1000,

I can do a simple engine conversion, therefore I want this conversion to be as swift and as simple as possible, I have already had a quick look at a 1.7 puma engine (not too sure how simple this would be in a mk6, and the duratec ST engine)

Ideally I would love a 1.6T engine, in fact any size with a turbo, I would like some advice regarding mondeo/focus engines, or what you recommend for the engine conversion.

The reason I want a conversion rather than buying a new car is due to the money spent already and the connection I have with this car now (sounds soppy as hell I know) :lol:

Thanks guys, look forward for your help! : :)

• 5 weeks later...

If you had the chance to rewind time and not spend the money on the 1.25 and just buy an ST (or similar) instead - is that what you would have done?

In my view you really need the car to have something very special for all the hassle - only just being as quick as an ST is hardly worth it - it needs serious power like a Focus mk2 5-pot (225ps stock and about 260Hp with just a remap) or take it up to RS spec or above (350+Hp)

You will have seen the 700+Hp evo-engined fiesta -

http://www.fiestaturbo.com/feature-cars/720bhp-fiesta-evo/

No point in mucking about with sub-200hp engines when you could have just bought an ST

Could always buy a 2.0l ST engine and throw a supercharger on it!

• Like 1

Could always buy a 2.0l ST engine and throw a supercharger on it!

Isn't there a well established s/c kit available for the Fiesta? remember one at a dyno day but the brand escapes me.

Kicked out something like 280bhp I think?

It's about 10k to supercharge a car properly. Rotrex chargers also break and can't be repaired. Cheapest option would be to try and dump an frp engine in and play with that.

I remember now the kit I saw used a Cosworth supercharger - I've no idea about the reliability of those, though looking them up on the web my brother actually deals quite a bit with the place who import them into the UK.

By frp lump do you mean the Racing Puma lump? I'd have thought they'd be hard to get hold of these days and expensive, plus wouldn't make as much power anyhow compared to going for a 2.0L FST engine for example. They were about 150bhp weren't they?

I had the standard version of 1.7 Puma and the engine was a bit of a let down imho.

Frps as 170bhp as standard but people have gotten them to about 250 easily. Just lower cams, bigger turbo and a fee exhaust bits with a proper caf and a remap. You've also got to consider drive shafts focus ones will be way to long and custom ones cost a fortune as well.

Racing Puma was 155bhp standard and normally aspirated, are we talking about the same engine transplant here?

The idea just sounds like a money pit. If it was me, I'd hold off and trade up at a later date. Why do you specifically want a turbo? You could try to sell yours and buy a Mk6 ST? Keep as much of your mods as you can?

• Like 1