Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Kit Installation

ben007

Great - so best to opt for the 6000k by the sounds of it???

cheers guys

5000-5500-6000k, yeah...depends on what seller offers...you should be perfectly happy with these and you'll also see well at night ;)

Great - so best to opt for the 6000k by the sounds of it???

cheers guys

Yes I think the 6000 gives the best of both worlds in terms of functionality and looks, I don't like that horrible overpowering blue type (think there 7000k plus) to me they look chavvy but the 6000 are a nice bright white light

yeah I tend to associate the blue ones with the done up Y Reg blue Citroen saxos making annoying !Removed! noises. Is the kit easy enough to install for an average Joe that knows nothing about cars?

Yeah your right about the stereo type that I'm talking about.

Yes the kit is plug and play the only thing you need to do is drill a 25mm hole in the rear of the plastic headlight cover (pops off to remove the bulbs) I just used a flat spade drill bit (wood cutter) and it was a 30sec job then it's a matter of pushing the cables through the hole, fitting the bulb into the bulb holder and connecting the cables (factory live and earth) from the bulb to the connectors on the headlight bulb housing (Earth to the housing, live to the bulb plug) then connect the other three cables to the ballast unit and find a place to stash it there's no wiring or joining of wires so your ok there

Both pics explain the simplicity

post-57256-141693784932_thumb.jpgpost-57256-141693786734_thumb.jpg

Ben is right, but lets not forget about mounting the ballast someplace to the metal part of the car, so it can get cooled ;)

contacted the DVLA about HID's and MOT's. Cars fitted with them at the factory need to have headlight washers/levellers otherwise its ok.

weird? yes.

• Like 1

I used the small bracket supplied and bolted mine just below the headlight on one of the panels, with them being under the bonnet just about anywhere will keep them cool, like I say very straightforward fit with huge results

contacted the DVLA about HID's and MOT's. Cars fitted with them at the factory need to have headlight washers/levellers otherwise its ok.

weird? yes.

Stupidity springs to mind, no different from stupid people not having the brains to adjust their lights while carrying heavy loads but this is eu crap that we inherit!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club