Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warm Starting.....non Starting.....3.0Ltr Thunder

Brayscape

Hi all

I have a problem with my truck........she always starts when cold without a problem, regardless of time of day, however, during normal day to day driving she begins to be a proper pain in the bum, I can drive for twenty/thirty odd miles, stop and turn off, get back in, start up and go............then all of a sudden I'll get back in and it just turns and turns, sometimes it'll start on the second, third, fourth or fifth key turn.....other times it needs to stand for an hour or so before it'll start....when it does start there is no puff of smoke and will run faultlessly.........unless I have to turn off!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!

I ought to add there are no fault codes present and my mechanics have completely scanned the whole truck and nothing shows.

Have you checked for any error codes?

Yep, no codes showing.......whole truck has been plugged into a scanner and everything is running properly....apart from it not starting as and when it sees fit!!

from what I have read up, trouble starting a hot engine is related to vapour that builds up in the fuelling system, this vapour is pressured out and doesnt ignite properly, this can be due to vapour developing in the injectors, fuel filter, fuel lines or pump. Its simple, but problematic.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

There's a fuel pressure sensor on the common rail that could be faulty, allowing the pressure to drop and the truck not starting, in addition it's also worth checking the injectors and possibly the fuel filter housing to see if the pressure is either dropping or air is getting into the fuel line. I had this issue with mine and the Ford main dealer tried to sell me a new fuel pump at £1600 + vat! I took it to a diesel diagnostic centre and they couldn't be more helpful...

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC