Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Acoustic Windscreen?

wealdman

My 2009 Fiesta Titanium has suffered a cracked windscreen The call centre person asked whether it has an acoustic screen. I can see no mention on the screen itself (she said there might be the word acoustic or an ear symbol) neither is there any mention in the full Etis Vehicle Summary so I replied in the negative - but I thought I should enquire here just in case.

To my knowlede acoustic windscreens have never neen fitted to any UK Fiesta.

Unless you name was Kadaffi or you work for the CIA I can't see the reason for the Acoustic windscreens, don't they mean Shatterproof? cause thats what the cars normally need and insurance companies require

I was confused too

Apparently they were designed to allow windscreens to be made thinner (and lighter) without compromising sound insulation. However, when the same is applied to a normal thickness windscreen, the result is a quieter ride

I've always wondered if they did need to replace the windscreen would it be replaced with a heated one?

You will always get like for like as originally fitted. There are various other things to consider too - like does your car have auto lights + wipers and / or active city stop?

The windcreens are different depending on these options as there are no heated elements in front of the various sensors.

Can confirm its like for like on replacement windscreens. My titanium one went a few weeks back, auto lights wipers, heated screen etc etc. And all is back good as new.

Oops, I didn't mean to say that mine is the best answer!!

Here's a video of the best acoustic windscreen ive eber saw:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club