Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 1.6 Tdci Zetec Climate Focus

DavyCookie

Hey guys, so I got my Focus just under a month ago, I have quite a few plans for it!

Bought it with 90,000 on the clock and 5 stamps from ford dealers, timing belt just done at 87,000, so I'm more than happy with it :P

10304341_10204826526001504_1394366834472

With about £3,000 planned to be spent on it :P

Here is a few of the plans:

Egr Blank
DPF Removal and 50/50 EcoMap

Black Headcloth and a/b/c pillars

MS Front Splitter

ST Sideskirts
2.5 Zetec S Rear bumper

Fully colour coded

RS Replica 18" Wheels

HID Kit for Headlights and Fog lights

I also plan for a full lighting project in the interior including vanity lights and a courtesy light in the C pillars like a 5 series BMW (:

So far I have added a set of metro plates and HID Style Sidelights and I have painted the calipers and drums, nothing major before winter, I am waiting till the grit is away before I get the scuff, fuel flap and dints removed from drivers door :P

(I'll post a few extra photos later)

• Like 2

Thank you :)

So unfortunately today, I left the car running while I ran into my uncles house, returned to a ticking sound, opened the bonnet and started the car again, strIght away I saw my drive belt tensioner shaking and vibrating like mad, In my head I thought it may have been salvagable, so I ran for the truzty silocone based wd40, with no luck, still knocking, but I followed the belt on down to see the bottom pulley was also shaking badly, after a bit of googling this seems to be the issue, so hopefully tomorrow evening it will be getting replaced if my local motor factors has one in stock, I'll put a new fan belt on while I'm at it, for all it costs (:

I did, no warantee though as it was a trade in :) doesnt bother me lol

I know, would have been nice haha, pully was 60, and belt was 15 :p bit of bother getting the belt, normal motor factor had one too big, other two had none and fourth one so happy days ;D

• Like 2

So the car is going in to the body shop to get the following done: rear arches, fuel flap resprayed, drivers door scuff repaired and sprayed, plstic weld a small crack in the back bumper and colour code the rear of the car (bottom of bumper, top of bumper and the bootlid trim) just waiting on my 106 getting its mot retest then I will drive it till the focus is back (: will be very happy with it haha ;p

I have a question about egr blank and dpf removal though, what are the advantages and will there be a difference at 90k? I've been told a dpf removal will cause it to be smokey at these miles especially when my twin exit exhaust is fitted (will be mot legal as will have baffles)

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

11614_10205156106840819_3411578335780866

So not a lot of progress, winter, christmas, etc :P Got all the bodywork done, except for the rub strips, and bumpers, bodyman has convinced me to not bother with these bumpers and to definately get an ST front, failing an st back, a MK 2.5 Zetec S Rear, so he has colour coded the number plate strip, done my back arches, my fuel flap and the scuff under my door, so over the moon with that :)

Also, my carbon fiber badges arrived, wooo
10859623_10205216060859632_1358840541_n.

Also got the belt and pulley fitted and stamped in the book for the grand total of £15, mates rates :D

So, after christmas, plans are service, bumpers, wheels, springs and tints (Y) All has to be done before easter haha :)

*Edit*

Might treat myself to a set of Angel Eyes if there is enough left over after christmas presents, local Auto Factors has a set that a fella bought for his ST, had them custom wired by a local Audio store, then sold the car 2 weeks later, wants £80 for them, but they've been sitting in the shop for about a year and the drivers one is scuffed, so might offer £50, sand and buff them up :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I haven't posted in a while, sorry, supposed to be a build thread haha.

So I'll start with the bad news, so I can end this post on a high note :)

As most of the UK was hit by strong winds, Northern Ireland was no different, and my drivers door went for and adventure with the kitchen wall of my house :( nothing that can't be fixed though..

I discovered a grinding sound from the rear breaks, which are drums on the 110, me andmy mechanic checked the shoes, we were happy that there was still beef on them, bought a set anyway and me and him will set about taking a die grinder around the lip of he drum to see if it helps as well as a good clean up

Car is due a service, well, overdue, at 94k now, so purchased oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter, will be getting serviced within the week :)

So good news

Fitted pads, they had some beef on them, but better off anyway, disks are fine for a while, will keep an eye on them

Got a set of angel eyes :) over the moon with them, will post a picture later, just have to reseal them, had them In with standard bulbs for a week and there was quite a bit of condensation, resealed one so far, will get the other one done tomorrow :)

Bought some new wax, Poorboys Nattys Paste, the white one to suit lighter cars, after researching it and posting on detailers around the world, they helped me pick it, although it's lifetime isn't great and I will probably need to apply every 6 weeks

Sourced a primed ST bumper with no fogs, a bodyshop teacher in our local college bought it for his estate, but changed the car, is in no rush to sell it either, £150, seems fair?

Picked up a set of clipless wind deflectors, looking smarter now :p

• Like 2

11388_10205289744821685_9069830747344641

The angel eyes, personally I think look so smart :)

• Like 2

Yeah :D Was seriously concerned they would of looked tacky or cheap, but I actually think they look really smart :P cannot wait to get the HIDs and super bright sidelights in to it :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, I had to take the angel eyes out, working on fixing them, when I re sealed them, I smelt a slight electrical burning smell, which led me to find out one of the side light holders is burnt out -_- Doesn't overly bother me, as they have 2 LEDs beside the side lights, but I would like to fix it, also, the lights advise against HID's, going to speak to my ICE guy on his recommendations.

Also decided against an ST front bumper, will still go for Zetec S/ST skirts and possibly facelift Zetec S rear bumper, but the car is booked in next month to have the door strips colour coded, passenger wing resprayed (Arch and bottom of it have rusted) and a dint sorted out on the drivers door, wind caught it and knocked me out of the way (And I'm a big guy!) and hit the wall ):

#NoLuck

But here's two beading shots off my instagram, just because, well, car beading is beautiful! Hahaha

post-60365-0-47995000-1425053498_thumb.p

post-60365-0-92580100-1425053612_thumb.p

• Like 2

great bit of beading going on there

Liking your plans. I also think those headlights look great. I'd thought about aftermarket body work as well, but I'm keeping it standard for now. My car is getting the bump strips either removed or painted this week and I also got the boot trim colour coded as well as the rear bumper strip. It makes a big difference to how the car looks.

Keep up the good work!

Was unfortunately involved in a hit and run while a pedestrian, so, my plans to get my EGR blank in this week and get the drums and calipers stripped and repainted have been cancelled (Y) Been advised to take 2 weeks off work and not to drive, so poof, get my brother to drive the focus into the garage ):

Not good mate, hope you recover ok. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll survive, can't say much until I've spoke to my solicitor, but I have enough witnesses (Y)

All being well there will be no long lasting injuries.

• Like 1

Sorry Jockstar, did not see your message! Yeah, can't wait to get it done, although like I maybe mentioned earlier, I've been advised to get brand new ghia/titaniuum strips so that they are factory smooth :o

I ended up getting new strips as well. They just smoothed the textured strips down before they painted them. Makes a big difference to how the car looks:

IMG_17611_zpsotxljw56.jpg

hi star

is the focus lowered judging by the photo looking good

paul

How much were the new strips boss? Also, coils or springs buddy? Been looking at 40mm Eibach Pro Springs?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club