Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Bluetooth Issues

HIfty

Hi all,

Just bought a Ford Focus Mk2 1.8 Zetec (2008) and seem to be having a problem connecting via bluetooth.

I've unbonded all other phones and connected to 'My Ford' on my Nexus 5. The car doesn't show a PIN but the manual suggests i use '0000' which seems to work.

I set the car as a 'trusted device' on my phone and the car shows the Nexus connecting correctly, before showing 'Phone Unavailable' around 5-seconds later.

- I've video'd the issue to show it better.

If anyone can offer any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers all, -Hifty

After the Phone has found the Ford Audio you have to select PIN 0000 to connect. This is not the actual PIN code but a code which forces the Ford Audio system to show the correct code. After the correct code is shown on the radio screen you have to select this code on the Phone and connect to the Ford Audio system. Now the Phone should be connected to the Ford Audio System.

Also note that the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol needs to be updated to the latest firmware version to support some newer Phone types. On the Focus MK2.5 with a USB connection you can perform the update yourself using the Ford Audio Update. On the Focus MK2.5 the update can only be performed by a Ford dealer.

The latest available update for this system was released in November 2012. Officially there is no support for this system anymore. Because of this Ford also removed all download links of the Ford Audio Update from the Ford websites. Because there is no support anymore the system will become outdated. This may result in problems with some newer Phone types.

• Like 1

Thanks Stoney, i'll try that.

@JW, i watched a video on YT that stated that too; when putting '0000' into my phone, the car will provide a PIN, however it doesn't - it just states 'connecting' - 'connected Nexus 5' - 'Phone unavailable'.

I know the module works as the lady i bought it from had it set up using her android. I'm going to try using my GF phone today to see if that works.

Thanks for the replies.

FYI my bluetooth works fine with a Nexus 5 (On 4.4 and now 5.0), so it's not the phone. I am on the latest Nov 2012 firmware on the module. When I select the bluetooth on the phone it immediately tells me (speaks) to enter the code on the screen and pairs instantly.

• Like 1

FYI my Bluetooth works fine with a Nexus 5 (On 4.4 and now 5.0), so it's not the phone. I am on the latest Nov 2012 firmware on the module. When I select the Bluetooth on the phone it immediately tells me (speaks) to enter the code on the screen and pairs instantly.

Not sure how to check the latest firmware, but i've since tried with 2 other phones and they've both connected perfectly, so i can only put it down to the Nexus 5.

I've been online and see a lot of people are having issues with Nexus 5 & BT.

I might try and update the firmware, but i fear it will be a Ford service jobby..