Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X 163 Estate Fuel Economy

quiz

Hello all,

I am a newby to the forum and have joined to find out if my Mondeo is unique in only doing 46 MPG.

I have had the car for 2 weeks now and have done the tank fill to tank fill 3 times. The car's computer says that my average MPG is 46 and this is confirmed by actual calculated figures based on actual mileage and actual fuel usage.

The car is 10 months old on a 63 plate. It has done 13000 miles. I bought the car from 'Motorpoint' and they have been less than helpful. Their advert told me to expect an average of 62 MPG but that I could get 72 MPG if it was extra urban. Most of my miles so far have been motorway miles.

I did take the car to my local Ford dealer who had a look at it but were not surprised by the economy figures.

So my question is to other Mondeo 2.0 163bhp owners on this forum, how does 46MPG compare to your economy figures?

Regards

Quiz

Hi , I have a Titanium X 163 saloon and my average mileage is about 50 mpg. I do about 300 miles/week mainly on main roads/motorways.

I do find that it drops a little when cruising on motorways if much above 70mph. Your mileage doesn't sound that far out to me for motorway usage.

Hi Ian, thanks for your reply, I am disappointed though because I was hoping there was something wrong with my car.

it is a very long way short of the 72 I was expecting from mostly extra urban driving.

Ford have a lot to answer for!

Quiz

TBH I don't think the Mondeo is that bad on fuel consumption, my old A4 ( with the old 130bhp PD engine ) was pretty good. My last car was a Seat Exeo Se Tech 140 ( basically an A4 but with the latest VAG common rail engine ) and that averaged about 50mpg normal day to day driving. It was better on a long motorway cruise than the Mondy but it was VERY high geared. Given that the Mondy is a bigger ( and heavier ) car than the Exeo I really don't think my 50mpg out of it is bad at all. As I say I've noticed that cruising above say 75 drops the mpg whereas the Exeo would be better, probably down to the higher gearing...

Here's a link with typical real world consumptions http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ford/mondeo-iv-2007/20-tdci-163