Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Cams

scottmc1991

i have a just got my mk7 fiesta and im thinking about getting a dash cam as the car park were i work is ridiculous cars are always getting keyed or banged. So i was wondering if any one on here has one and are they any good.

I have a blackvue 650, not cheap but includes a rear view camera and has gps wifi. It has a park mode that if the car is knocked it the camera starts recording.

There are loads of different cams on eBay from £20-30, most will be up to the job.

Unless you have a camera on all 4 sides of the car, you'll not pick up sideswipes or keyings. Plus as mentioned, you need a cam that operates when your car is parked. Someone maliciously scratching the car isn't likely to start it recording, anyway.

If you get a big enough memory card you can leave it to record all the time. You can adjust the sensitivity of the camera too.

Connect the power supply using a power magic unit which turns the camera power off at a set point to save the car battery.

Funny you should ask this question I spent ages looking around finally went for DRIVE-EYE 1080p, GPS,135 Degree ultra wide angle lens,2 Mega Pixels, G-Sensor, Seamless Loop.....and its so easy to fit I bought the hard-wire kit but messed up it came with a standard size blade fuse but the Fiesta ST has Mini Blade Fuses ordered one off eBay for £2.00 altogether it came to £91.99 seams to be great at the moment does what it says on the box oh I also had to buy a Micro SD card got the largest one it could take 32GB..when I get chance will get some screen shots up.

Here you go some images off the dash cam... :D you also get a GPS read out with Google maps but its not shown in the screen shots.

post-40171-0-18735900-1417377980_thumb.j

post-40171-0-82597300-1417377993_thumb.j

post-40171-0-08395100-1417378006_thumb.j

post-40171-0-73301900-1417378019_thumb.j

post-40171-0-98106100-1417378031_thumb.j

If you're looking for something cheap the Mobius is the way to go at around £40. It can match a lot of more expensive cameras in video quality and has a motion sensing mode so I guess that could be used when parked.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club