Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium 2012

spangle

Hi, has anyone ever had cause to see the warning for a low tyre pressure?

I went over a pothole today and discovered about an hour later that my front near side was flat.

I hadn't noticed before I got in the car but obviously did when I started to drive off and immediately stopped.

A trip to the tyre place near me tomorrow after inflating the tyre, which I had done and seems to be holding.

I had no warning of this as I started to drive, just wondered if anyone has seen it work?

I always reset it after ever inflating the tyres.

Many thanks.

If you enter your reg details on www.etis.ford.com it'll tell you the spec of your car, should include if you've got DDS or TPMS. Plus TPMS systems have tyre valves with metal stems instead of rubber.

Thanks. I'll give it a go in the morning but I'd better get the wheel checked out first at the tyre place and no doubt they'll know. Appreciate your help.

My focus Titanium navigator 2013 had neither (Till I turned DDS on :) )

TPMS is a proper Pressure monitoring system and has sensors on the valves in the wheels

DDS uses the Wheel rotation sensors from the ABS to detect slow changes in rotation to guess a tyre is going down. Its not as accurate but still should spot a slow puncture before it gets too bad

It'll be DDS then as that's the system described in my handbook. Defo didn't get a warning. It's going in for some other work on Tuesday so I'll mention it to them. Thanks.