Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Battery, 2009 2.0 Tdci

ChrisCooper

Sort of my fault as I knew the battery was getting a little bad for a while, this morning my car finally refused to start. I know Fords require a silver cadmium battery, and the current one is a 700amp 70ah one. Anyone know of a good source of a replacement at a reasonble price. I've looked on Halfords as there is one down the road, but they are all in the £100 region, and with tax and insurance due in the next month I'd rarther avoid paying out any more than I have to. Any recommendations for decent stockists? I could do with picking one up today or tommorow rarther than ordering online, as using the bus into work like this morning is no fun, especially in this weather.

It is indeed Silver Calcium that you need.

I bought my last car battery from www.performancebatteries.co.uk

This was about 4 or 5 years ago. But for the same price I could get a cheapo battery in Halfords, I got a Varta battery with a higher Ah rating - and got change lol

Don't forget, members get 15% off in Halfords

Euro Car Parts is another option (think they still have an offer where you can get £3 off if you trade in your old battery)

EDIT: Forgot to add, ECP will let you reserve online and pick up in store - often same day

Right, battery came through today. From the size and weight of the thing, the restricted space under the bonnet, and the current weather, I've decided against trying to fit it myself. Any recommendations for decent fitting services? I assume most will only fit things bought from them. I could try my usual garage, but despite being good they are pretty pricey on labour, and since it's a 2 man operation they tend to be quite busy too.

really shouldn't be to hard mate, give yourself a little more room by taking the panel off the back if you must but defo not worth forking out for in my opinion!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club