Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Windscreen Washer Mist Jets

liams

Hi all, just wondered if someone could tell me what's involved in upgrading my windscreen washer jets to heated mist jets used in the higher spec focus'.

I have a 2008 Focus Style with plain Jane boring water jets that are crap in the winter.

So what's involved? Any wiring? Or just plug & play?

Cheers

LiamS

Newbie Ford Focus 1.6 Style

there is wiring for the heated elements you would need but the nozzles are dead easy, pop them in swap the connections (add some non return valves if you fancy) all very simple, assuming you have the wires that is

Don't think the heated washer jets wiring is available as an extra loom, it'll be built into one of the main harnesses.

Would suspect anyone who's added this would have had to patch into the original wiring or fusebox somewhere.

As the heated nozzles are linked to the heated windscreen loom, retrofitting heated nozzles may be a chore.

You could run your own feed and add a switch in the cabin but the correct voltage/amperage is essential.

You can find 'HeatShot' systems that retrofit to any car but they can be expensive but probably cheaper than buying Ford heated nozzles (dubious usefulness anyway) and all the required wiring seperately.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEATSHOT-HEATED-WASHER-SYSTEM-/191421635855?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c919e5d0f

Wonder if you could put in an extra feed off the heated screen ribbon connection on the right hand side of the screen - may still be ok running through the fuse as the washer jets don't pull that much current (going off the gauge of wire used)

Or you could use the heated screen feed to energise a relay and bring in another power feed from somewhere in the engine bay perhaps.

Ah another thing my ford can't have then!

Curse the original owner being a tight git! No bluetooth, no heated screen and no heated jets...where's the fun lol

Think I'll have a look to see if there's any loom there still - you know what ford are like!

Newbie Ford Focus 1.6 Style

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club