Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Me Stumped 2.2 Mondeo Tdci

JImmyBl10

Hi I have a 2005 mondeo 2.2 tdci. it's recently started to to miss quite badly and it seems to be worse when the air-con pump stops. The air-con pump runs for 5 seconds the off for around 10. the air-con is fully gassed and the cooling fan is running. no fault codes are recorded

It just been fully serviced. The injectors out and cleaned in an ultrasonic bath.... was planning on creating a rig where I can clean them and run fuel through at the same time to see the spray pattern. But to be honest i'm not convinced it is the injectors, reason being none of them were very coked up when removed. Ford-VCM finds no faults either does Torque check..... which brings me back to the injectors as I can't find any other cause.

Has anyone else had this or similar issue with a fix?

Thanks

Jimmy

Unfortunately even clean injectors can still be faulty without registering a fault code....

Unfortnately the MK3 and diesel engines have nothing short of an almost guaranteed failure of the injectors :( You should really be doing a leak off test to see if any injector is spitting off less.

Hi Jeebowhite

Thanks for the reply, did a leak-off test couple of weeks ago, one injector had about 6ml didn't think this was enough to cause the issue. But since it has got worse since then think I will re-run the test and see if it's got any worse.

Jimmy

definitely worth re-running it, but the cold can make one heck of a difference, its like a crack, when its cold it breaks out and expands and the effect is exxagerated!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club