Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing Glow Plug

wolfeyuk

Anyone have any idea what needs doing to my beast as when she starts in the morning she sounds rately for a couple of seconds then the heater plug light flashes when the truck is warm, there is a small knocking as if the timing is slightly out and puff of smoke on acceleration, loses the smoothness of the motor but seems to drive normally? this happens a lot now and 6 months ago was just intermittent, i change filters regularly every 6000 miles and the oil, getting frustrating now as the ford garage say depending on the result from the diagnostic if they have the connecter for it they still might not pinpoint it from this and changing multiple parts may be needed at a cost, every garage i have been to can not get any diagnostic kit to work as it has a round pin. anyone gor any answers ?

Could be new glow plugs required but knocking when warm is probably pinking or similar, have you checked error codes

• 1 month later...

changed the heater plugs and still the same, i'm thinking of looking at the crank shaft timing sensor as nockinh alot in the morning for 20-35 seconds? who knows, can't put it on a diagnostics as strange pin and no one seems to have it even ford as got the mazda donkey in it. mazda wont touch it as ford badge, (jobsworth wallys), will update when i fit it

• 3 weeks later...

Give the air filter sensor some contact cleaner see if that helps