Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Tdci 52 Reg Key Fob Lost

johnpaul54

Hi I am new on here so I hope I am on the correct bit of the fourm.

I have purchased a 52 reg mondeo tdci with two keys the manual type,

I dident get a remote one ,what is the cheapest way to get a key to work (remote type)

and advice would be great ,the two keys I have have the little blue bit on them ,

regards johnpaul

You need to make sure you actually have remote control feature on it.

What Model is it? LX, Zetec, Ghia?

Check behind the map light and see if there is a box.

hi thanks for you reply it is a tdci lx 2.0 .apparently it came with a remote fob but was lost at some stage ,

Check that you still have the receiver but if that's the case it's easy to fix. Search eBay for Ford key chain remote. You can buy not of these and they would work. I have seen people use the likes of the 14 quid ones and they work well.

If it's the same for yours as mine, you then need to stick the key in, twist from 2 to 0 repeatedly till the cars in learning mode, then just press any button on the remote. Car should acknowledge this and that remote should now work. Alternatively you can replace your key with a proper Ford branded one, but if you don't want to spend that much it should be achievable with the aftermarket

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club