Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Replacement

auldreekie

I think this will be my car battery's last winter, the recent cold mornings starting the engine from cold it is turning slowly, it starts but just, not its usual kick, car had a good run the day before approx' 200 miles. I think as it gets colder it will fail completely. Current factory fitted battery is 12 years old so I can't complain.

The handbook says I need a Silver Calcium battery, Halfords have Yuasa Silver HSB075 (no mention of calcium) and their own brand Halfords Calcium HCB075.

Sorry to sound a bit thick but which one should I get for my 52 plate Focus 1.8 tddi

Thanks

I would go with the Yuasa. As your from Midlothian, are you near eurocarparts?

You will get a Bosch silver battery in there cheaper I suspect and get £3 back on your old one. Put your reg in online and have a look. Online price may be cheaper than instore so may be worth reserving if you are going to get one

All silver batteries contain calcium on the electrode plates as long as its silver its fine

alternatively go to eurocar parts and pick up a Bosch s4, and as stef said, get £3 back off your old battery!