Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7.5 Zs - Alloy Powder Coating Colour?

gje2403

Hi all,

I've been thinking about having my alloys powder coated, as I'm not a great fan of the stock silver/grey colour alloys that's come with the car. I don't really have the money to buy a new set of alloys (as much as I want to) so powder coating for me is the more financially friendly option.

Problem is i just cant decide what colour, between ice white and black. I've always been a fan of red and white and red and black, but I just cant decide what would look best and be the most appealing to look at.

And as far as black goes, do I got Gloss Black or Matte Black??

I know that this will come down to a matter of personal preference, but I thought a few ideas and pictures would help me finally decide on what I want so I can get them done before Christmas :D

Thanks!

Red car = Gloss Black wheels simples :)

I agree with the above! Check how cool the alloys on the red edition fiesta look for an idea :)

I was gonna say go black and wrap the roof but then you may as well have just bought a red edition one! lol

White looks great with red but you'll spend all your life cleaning the wheels (trust me had 10 spoke white wheels, pain in the a*se!

After reading through all the posts and seeing pictures myself, I think its going to be Gloss Black, think it looks the best out of all the finishes and will finish the car off very nicely :D

Thanks for all the feedback!

• Like 1

I'll say gloss black too - goes with the black grilles, fog surrounds and so on.

• Like 1

OK, so I'm the odd one out (i'm old) but black wheels look as though someone nicked the wheel trims. I.e, the next stage is "up on bricks". For me, black wheels = a shed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update, I did decide to go with gloss black in the end and the alloys are booked in for Wednesday coming, so I shall post back some pictures once the work has been done :) seriously can't wait!!

Just as an update, I did decide to go with gloss black in the end and the alloys are booked in for Wednesday coming, so I shall post back some pictures once the work has been done :) seriously can't wait!!

Just out of interest, how much is it costing you per wheel? I look forward to seeing the final result!

• Like 1

Just out of interest, how much is it costing you per wheel? I look forward to seeing the final result!

£50 per wheel so £200 for the alloys, but the company I'm using are keeping my car for the day to do the work as I have no way of transporting the alloys down so they will have the car all day and pick it up about 5 the same day :)

All in its costing me just under £300 for the whole job!

UPDATE: just dropped the car off this morning for the work, will have it all done by the end of the day at the latest, shall post some pictures once the work has been done :)

Yeah will look good!

A few companies up here doing it for 4 alloys any colour powder coat for 150 for 4 wheels and add there own warranty to it so if anything goes wrong they fix it (never had any yet lol) also depends what company you choose they give you steel wheels for the day so your not restricted. I'm thinking the other way around with my car and getting white wheels because would look good with blue

• Like 1

Yeah will look good!

A few companies up here doing it for 4 alloys any colour powder coat for 150 for 4 wheels and add there own warranty to it so if anything goes wrong they fix it (never had any yet lol) also depends what company you choose they give you steel wheels for the day so your not restricted. I'm thinking the other way around with my car and getting white wheels because would look good with blue

white and blue would look awesome :)

• Like 1

Need to book it in al wait to next year since next wage isn't to end of January! :(

Yeah will look good!

I was thinking white on mine at some point. That or rado-grey sorta colour.

Rado-grey would look better on yours a think mate since you ain't got chrome and ur blue is darker mines a have chrome trim at sides (i like btw ) and lighter blue well. . . . Depends what shade of blue it wants to be that day haha

UPDATE: Just got the car back home from the powder coaters, and I must say i'm so glad that I decided to go with the Gloss Black over any other finish, as they really do finish the car off nicely!

I shall take some pictures this evening and post them up, but once we have daylight again tomorrow I will take some better ones!

• Like 2

UPDATE: Due to the terrible weather and stupid rain that I had last night, I was unable to take any decent (ish) photo's of the newly powder coated alloys. But as promised here they are in all their glory this morning :) so pleased with the final result and they really do finish the car off nicely!

post-60199-0-65147100-1418908361_thumb.j

post-60199-0-48290700-1418908371_thumb.j

post-60199-0-98213000-1418908378_thumb.j

• Like 4

Looking good buddy! Is that powder coat? or paint the shine makes it look like paint

Looking good buddy! Is that powder coat? or paint the shine makes it look like paint

Powder Coat mate, they showed me all the steps they use the when I took the car down yesterday, and it's gloss black so waxed to make the alloys look shiny :) so happy with the final result

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club