Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MARTY!

JAR897

MARTY IS ALIVE!

It's taken me driving over to the dealership and asking the woman (very fit young woman, lol) who has taken over from my dealer (as he is on holiday) and asking when I can pick it up, but I can do so on FRIDAY 17th JULY!

I walked up the drive and saw this shiney Sea Gray Titanium X and looked up at the windscreen only to see SOLD - ROWLEY wrote on it :D I have took some photo's but they are all on facebook so yea lol.

I'll put some proper photo's up when I get hold of the car!

Just set my 7 day insurance up to start next friday, can't wait now!

P.s. Does the PDI install the alloy pedals and scuff plates as they wern't on today??

5732_217772150695_898660695_7628618_447244_n.jpg

5732_217772155695_898660695_7628619_1289891_n.jpg

5732_217772195695_898660695_7628627_6797474_n.jpg

5732_217772200695_898660695_7628628_5005918_n.jpg

5732_217772215695_898660695_7628629_6660673_n.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paulworthing

• JAR897

• Michael P

• poohbear

Thank flippin' goodness! Looking good so far

Looks lush JAR - can't wait for mine to turn up now.

And whast with the having to wait a week before you can take delivery??

PDI - Pre-Delivery Inspection.

This is the time taken by Ford to fit any accessories (Alloy Pedals / Scuff plates) and vallet the car, as well as checking everyhting is in order!

The car was delivered to the dealer on 4th July (Last sat) despite the dealer telling me he didn't know where it was.

Oh well, bring on Friday! lol.

Well at least the wait is nearly over . . . . No sleep for you for a week then with all the excitment of getting Marty

Just one question - is it the angle that you took the picture of the front of the car, or the way the sun is catching it, but the front lower grill seems to stick out and I have no noticed this on the Zetec S's that I have seen?

Just one question - is it the angle that you took the picture of the front of the car, or the way the sun is catching it, but the front lower grill seems to stick out and I have no noticed this on the Zetec S's that I have seen?

I think that's the splitter - I remember one Zetec S owner complaining that theirs seemed to be missing. Mind you, Marty is a Titanium with full dress-up kit, isn't he? Maybe that makes a difference to the precise configuration...

Yea it does stick out slightly, but its aminor thing and I think its the way the sun catches it in the photos. I'm goign back tomorrow to take more piccys lol so Ill take some of that for you lol.

hehee - you going to be down there everyday taking pics then - see if you can get some nice side on ones so we can compare them to the other new Titanium in Sea Grey thats on here now

Its about time lol, we ordered on the same month but yours definitely looks like it was worth the extra wait!

Regarding the scuff plates, my dealer personally put them on for me just to avoid another queue.

Lol, I don't think my dealer will be doing that, she (yes SHE) will get her fingernails dirty. Don't blame her either, she is fit. lol.

Sweet - shame the front numberplate has to go on really isn't it? :lol:

for the love of god don't let them clean it!!

lol yea the numberplate doesn't do much justice.. but as its a private plate it should still look nice.

Why shouldn't they clean it? lol.

lol yea the numberplate doesn't do much justice.. but as its a private plate it should still look nice.

Why shouldn't they clean it? lol.

cos they rarely do it properly and Marty will have the addition of swirl marks

Just been to visit again lol. My mom refered to him as "A family member in hospital" lol because of the ammount of times iv'e viseted him lol.

Anyway.. here are some more pics.. for the full set of pics view my facebook Album on my profile HERE!

5732_218303995695_898660695_7640046_5434933_n.jpg

5732_218304010695_898660695_7640047_4845847_n.jpg

5732_218323160695_898660695_7640756_131028_n.jpg

As many of you will know, the pictures just dont do it justice!

P.s. I have found the song im gona play first in my car!

Shark in the water - V V Brown

due to the fact its nickname is "Marty the sharky (Sea Gray Shark)" lol

He is lovely JAR - wanna think of a name for mine too

He is lovely JAR - wanna think of a name for mine too

Urinella?

Uri?

:P

looks good.. have u ordered side skirts? the scuff plates i would fit urself.. ford do a crap job!

side skirts came as part of the exterior styling pack and are on the car althugh the pics you cant see that well, and scuff plates being fitted during PDI :)

can just see here:

5732_217772290695_898660695_7628642_2815732_n.jpg

Its real! Its not a figment of your imagination! It really does exist! This has been a riduclously long time but worth it. I'm still unsure why its taking until Friday to clean it and put some scuff plates on. Really glad for you Jar!

Yea so am I JMA. However its so been worth the wait, and im more patient now I know it hasn't fallen into the pacific somewhere.

There was a small scuff on the drivers side front pannel, so hopfully they will buff that out. its only about 5 mm long so not a big deal. Also some bird poo on the passanger side, which i cleaned off myself as was unsure as to when they would be valeting it?

Any swirl marks left on I will buff out myself, or may take it to a professional valet place soon after I get it!

Can't wait to drive home in it from the dealership! Got all my stuff ready (Y cable, fordownersclub decal, taxdisk holder, X for titanium X badge, red bulbs lol.

WHOO! Pictures up friday afternoon guys!

p.s. There are already 64 pictures on my facebook account so feel free to check them out and comment :)

Urinella?

Uri?

:P

I was thinking more Kermit, Goblin, Comet . . . . .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club