Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dodgy Brakes (Maybe)?

Mental_Atom

Hey Everyone,

My car has done about 1200 miles now and I'm trying to decide if there's something wrong with the brakes or if it's just my imagination. When I first got the car they were super grabby, so as soon as I touched the pedal it'd slow down. I liked that, filled me with confidence.

Now, I know that as they bed in they get a bit less like that (or so I'm told), but it's got to the stage now where it feels like for the first 1/3 of the pedal travel it's doing pretty much nothing. Feels like effort to have to stop from 10mph as I have to apply so much force to the pedal.

Does this sound similar to how your brakes behave? Is it just how they are? I've let my dad loose in my car this evening for the first time to see what he thinks... Feedback and suggestions please good people :) Thanks in advance! I thought they were gonna check this at the inspection service yesterday as they said they would, but as they only spent 10 mins on it I find that unlikely...

The brakes will bed in and you will get used to them.

My 2011 Fiesta was serviced this week and they gave me a 3K mile ecoboost as a courtesy car and I though the brakes were really grabby(?) compared to my car.

The brakes will bed in and you will get used to them.

My 2011 Fiesta was serviced this week and they gave me a 3K mile ecoboost as a courtesy car and I though the brakes were really grabby(?) compared to my car.

That's the thing though, surely they should have got better, not worse as they've bedded in. I'm pretty sure brakes don't take 1000 miles to bed in? They're not grabby at all :(

You also get used to them so the grabby effect lessens as you naturally compensate.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Sounds like there's something wrong to me. You can tell when something has got worse, for example I've never really thought about the brakes in my ST while driving so that kind of tells me they're working as they should. It's probably worth having a word with the dealer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club