Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Screeching Brakes.

Hg7196

Hi guys in need of some help!

Bought my ST just over a month ago (63 plate - not enough miles for me to expect to have to replace anything for at least another 7k/8k miles. I wouldn't even do that in a year normally).

It passed a service and a 'ford health check' before I bought it. Also if any of this needed doing/the dealer knew it would need doing in the near future and didn't tell me I shall be very very annoyed.

Anyway, recently my brakes have been making an awful screeching noise when I apply a certain amount of pressure to the brake pedal. I need to know if I need to replace the pads/discs. Obviously the best thing to do is take it to ford but I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Mine did this once, a good hose in the caliper and disc sorted it, just grit is all.

Properly just needs copper ease on the back of the front pads.

Best let Ford sort it.

Thanks E5GDM I'll look into it. Reluctant to let Ford have my car again though as they won't give me a courtesy car. Unless it would invalidate the warranty I might just get my friend who is a Mercedes technician to do it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club