Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devastated

poohbear

I have had a minor accident in my car...in the inside!

While I have been at work from 8am - 7pm today I had a fruit smoothie in the car from a few days ago, it has exploded in the car and is absolutely EVERYWHERE, on the roof, on the seats, on the steering wheel, on the back windscreen on the front windscreen! I am so upset!

Matt is outside with some stain remover trying to get it off but it's all dried on throughout the day and he can't get it off the roof very well, its stained quite badly.

Does anyone know what I should do, should I get it professionally valeted as well? I've had it diamondbrited but it's still not coming out the roof very well, the seats are ok-ish.

I'm annoyed as I've been so careful with it and it wasn't my fault really, I had no idea fruit fermenting could cause the bottle to explode. Does anyone know any better products I could get hardcore stains out with. Michelle would Max know as I know he is a professional valeter?

Not having a very good week, my stereo's gone wrong again, can't believe it after everything...I think maybe I just give up now.

Sorry :-(

So sorry to hear that Pooh,any sort of fruit style drink is a nightmare to get out,even bottled water left in a hot car can explode.........I really dont know the answer except as you said perhaps Max could tell you either what to get or who to contact personally I think a professional valet will do the trick,and i also think its about time Ford gave you a new stereo unit as well you have nothing but trouble with that since new.

best of luck with the removal

Kristal :(

I have had a minor accident in my car...in the inside!

While I have been at work from 8am - 7pm today I had a fruit smoothie in the car from a few days ago, it has exploded in the car and is absolutely EVERYWHERE, on the roof, on the seats, on the steering wheel, on the back windscreen on the front windscreen! I am so upset!

Matt is outside with some stain remover trying to get it off but it's all dried on throughout the day and he can't get it off the roof very well, its stained quite badly.

Does anyone know what I should do, should I get it professionally valeted as well? I've had it diamondbrited but it's still not coming out the roof very well, the seats are ok-ish.

I'm annoyed as I've been so careful with it and it wasn't my fault really, I had no idea fruit fermenting could cause the bottle to explode. Does anyone know any better products I could get hardcore stains out with. Michelle would Max know as I know he is a professional valeter?

Not having a very good week, my stereo's gone wrong again, can't believe it after everything...I think maybe I just give up now.

Sorry :-(

That's terrible! I feel sorry for you! It might help to let the stain soak for a while before trying to remove it. I've heard rumour that baking soda works. 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water, so it's a spreadable paste rubbed into the stain, left to set then rinsed and repeated might help.

I'm glad that I haven't left any drinks in my car. I'm quite strict when it comes to what consumables are allowed! :lol:

I hope you manage to get the stains out.

Well Matt's been scrubbing for 2 hours and the roof is still stained badly :( I might try the auto glym stuff but then think it's time for professional valeting.

Awwww you poor little chicken, that must be awful. Hugs x

So sorry to hear ((hugs)) what a mess, I can just imagine =/

I don't want to state the obvious, but have you tried Googling for remedies that might help? worth a try anyway

I always leave juice in the cupholder things, I guess this is a lesson for us all =/

Best of luck!!

Abbie x

I'm pretty sure Diamondbrite comes with a guarantee where if you stain the trim they come out and try and remove it proffesionally. If it won't come out, they replace the entire seat trim!

Hi emily, Max said to try either Mer upholstery or Autogleam upholstery for your roof lining, a machine cannot be used on roof lining as it will make it sag, he advises a professional valeter for your seats and carpets so that the machine can be used to suck out the smoothie completely, he also said shame you were not nearer or else he would have done it for you. Good luck hun x

Thanks Michelle, and say thanks to Max for me. Will go and have a look round Halfords. Will also contact diamondbrite. Thanks for the advice.

The drink was in the cupholder, I don't leave them anywhere else :-( And I don't have food in the car.

That was some serious explosion! Sounds awful and I can imagine how upset you are. Try the Autoglym thing first and then go the professional route.

Oh poohbear, how awful!! Bet you're so angry, it's such an easy thing to do as well! I'm sure a good valeter will have the interior looking better than before :D It's such a responsibility these damn new Fiestas, I'm sure they're cursed!! Do you have pics of the damage? I'm so morbid I'd like to see :blink:

Yes I do they are on my phone. It's not as bad as that now. I will upload them when I get a minute, or I'll just show you next Sunday :D

Yay, are you still coming? :D Our twins can finally meet :lol:

Diamondbrite hasn't done a lot I would say! But hey ho. It's being valeted later on in the week which means I'm coming to the meet.

And Flic I cant wait for our twinnies to meet! Apart from you have a zetec-s which will make me VERY VERY jealous! I think I will park next to you just because we are both visions :D

Flic I cant wait for our twinnies to meet! Apart from you have a zetec-s which will make me VERY VERY jealous! I think I will park next to you just because we are both visions :D

Yay! I'll have to make sure he's all clean for the occasion, he's looking a bit grubby at the moment. Pray for sunshine!!

My car is filthy! I need to clean it badly. Will probably leave it till tomorrow as matt's needs a clean too!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club