Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Y cable rant (+3 pics)

ZeeJex

For me the cable is either too long for the first compartment (pic 1) as the cable interferes with the handbrake. Too short for the third compartment (pic 2) but just right for the middle compartment (pic 3), but it takes up the majority of the space. Where on earth was it designed to sit?

I dont know why its annoying me today, it just is =/

Pic 1

DSCN2827.jpg

Pic 2

DSCN2826.jpg

Pic 3

DSCN2829.jpg

use the bluetooth feature on the iPhone.

Alternatively get an extention cable for both aux and usb, so it can then be cable tied and look as neat.. ill show you what i mean in a few days time when i get my car (Y)

It's not designed to fit anywhere - it's not a Fiesta specific cable.

Extending the cables is asking for trouble - the signals are encoded to prevent the use of standard usb cables, that'll apply to extensions as well.

I think the whole design and placing of the input ports is terrible. I agree that the Y cable totally in the way however you have it. I also think that because of the placing that the USB ports will wear very quickly, god help people who are buying these cars 5 to 10 years down the line because the AUX inputs just won't work.

I find the Y cable annoying too. Using bluetooth isn't really the answer as you don't get track info etc etc (unless I'm not using it correctly??).

I'd be interested to know how the extension cable installation goes JAR - not sure if the encoding chip in the Y cable will be affected or not........

Cheers all I seemed to have gotten over my rant last night heh. Cheeky I agree they could have made the USB a little bit more secure, but i can see why they've placed it there. Jar I got an iTouch so bluetooth's not an option but you reminded me i need to setup my new phone today, ummm in fact I'll do that right now.

I find the Y cable annoying too. Using Bluetooth isn't really the answer as you don't get track info etc etc (unless I'm not using it correctly??).

I'd be interested to know how the extension cable installation goes JAR - not sure if the encoding chip in the Y cable will be affected or not........

Hey. The encoder in the cable won't be effected as the data is sent via binary from the head unit / phone and decoded/encoded to whatever apple uses (i think its octal still).

Basically the extention cables will just extend the encoded or decoded data, with the encoder/decoder still being alive and present :)

I was thinking of buying a USB data stick to use in the car to save all those kinda problems

I just use the usb cable provided with the Ipod (white cable) and just a simple aux cable. Works fine, i run the cables underneath my drivers seat and put the ipod in the cup holder furthest from the headunit.

I have to say the USB and AUX input on the new fiesta is in a stupid place. Just about every way of doing it interfears with the handbrake somehow. I think they should have put them in the glovebox or something.

I put mine as you have it in pic 3 but just turned on it's side so it doesn't move at all. So it's not annoying me...but then I haven't tried to put a bottle in the cup holders :)

They should have made a centre armrest with the USB connection in the storage compartment of that.

ive used a usb extension and a long aux cable and fed it into the glovebox(where it should be) by tucking it under the centre console,but what id like to do is find a blanking plate so i could put the extensions into the original sockets then put the plate into its own hole with the cables going back to glovebox then stick the blanking plate in the hole to make it look neat.dont know if you got that! :lol:

ive used a usb extension and a long aux cable and fed it into the glovebox(where it should be) by tucking it under the centre console,but what id like to do is find a blanking plate so i could put the extensions into the original sockets then put the plate into its own hole with the cables going back to glovebox then stick the blanking plate in the hole to make it look neat.dont know if you got that! :lol:

Your post needs more clarity but OMG thats the longest single sentence ive read in my life! Seventy-four words and only one coma!