Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Manufacturers Service Or...?

Guitarbloke

Just wondering what the benefits are to getting my Focus serviced at Ford or whether I'd do just as well to take it to a local independent garage?

Ford have offered me 2 options a "crown" service for £185 or a Manufacturer's service for £242.50 (on my 2007 Focus estate).

However they struggled when I asked what the difference was between the 2 service options "manufacturer's service just has more checks" was the rather vague answer!

I've only had the car a month but it's making a chirping sound when driving and I want it checked out. Either way I think I'll get it done at the Ford garage, but just wondering if it's worth the extra to get the manufacturer service option.

Cheers!

Sean

I'd say find your self a reccomended Indy that's outragous for a service and they charge them prices cos people tend to be naive I wouldn't dream of paying any where near that when I worked for an Indy years back the only difference between what they called a full service and engine service was that we used to check the brakes over .

• Like 1

Thanks Steads, I think you're right.

It looks like the main difference between the manufacturers service and the regular one is that you get the 30 point echeck carried out as well.

I think it depends how long you're keeping the car, I take mine to dealer because it had a full main dealer history when I bought it, not sure how much it effects the resale value.

Mine had a software update on the last one, unsure whether independents are able to do this.

Terrible value for money though!

Just wondering what the benefits are to getting my Focus serviced at Ford or whether I'd do just as well to take it to a local independent garage?

Ford have offered me 2 options a "crown" service for £185 or a Manufacturer's service for £242.50 (on my 2007 Focus estate).

However they struggled when I asked what the difference was between the 2 service options "manufacturer's service just has more checks" was the rather vague answer!

I've only had the car a month but it's making a chirping sound when driving and I want it checked out. Either way I think I'll get it done at the Ford garage, but just wondering if it's worth the extra to get the manufacturer service option.

Cheers!

Sean

i have service plus.its 5 services for £16 a month,they will collect your car for the service if you wish free mot free punchure repair

and free break down cover .i like it

Is that one service per year at a cost of 960 over 5 years suppose if you have the breakdown cover that's not to bad as AA/RAC would be more overall .

Is that one service per year at a cost of 960 over 5 years suppose if you have the breakdown cover that's not to bad as AA/RAC would be more overall .

i think so.im happy so far.mot would cost £50 so worth it.just had mine serviced friday got 2 more on the books

Ford dealers charge £180 for a major service including pollen filter air filter but i do these myself and i do my plugs myself so they only do a minor service at £99 as ive done the rest ford sounds good but my service is £99 and my breakdown is free with my bank m.o.t is £35 down my way god you guys get ripped off down there

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and go with a Ford service this time around just to get stuff properly looked at - It's my very first car of my own - I've only had it for a month and already got lots of issues - Even the bonnet no longer opens(!!) Getting grinding from the brakes at low speed, a constant chirping sound from under the bonnet (some sort of belt I guess but I can't open the frickin' bonnet to check)... Arrrrrgh!!!!

I'm not planning on selling the car anytime soon - if I can get the problems fixed cheaply then great, but I'm just gutted that it seems to be showing signs of being a lemon already though,

That's the first and last time I buy from an independent garage... Their 30 day warranty expired and the problems emerged... Maybe just bad luck but still... :angry::angry::angry:

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and go with a Ford service this time around just to get stuff properly looked at - It's my very first car of my own - I've only had it for a month and already got lots of issues - Even the bonnet no longer opens(!!) Getting grinding from the brakes at low speed, a constant chirping sound from under the bonnet (some sort of belt I guess but I can't open the frickin' bonnet to check)... Arrrrrgh!!!!

I'm not planning on selling the car anytime soon - if I can get the problems fixed cheaply then great, but I'm just gutted that it seems to be showing signs of being a lemon already though,

That's the first and last time I buy from an independent garage... Their 30 day warranty expired and the problems emerged... Maybe just bad luck but still... :angry::angry::angry:

good luck with it.any things ford find on service i normaly do ,like brakes and brake fluid change

you are aware that by law they must provide a 3 month warranty not 30 days even an independant trading standards will confirm this so take it back and have them fix it

• Like 1

Really??

The guy made me feel that he was doing me a favor by giving me 30 days (he claimed he didn't have to even do that!).

I called him when the brakes started grinding and he referred me to his mechanic mate to take a look under the 30 day 'warranty'. His mate took it for a drive said he could hear the problem I described but he couldn't figure out what it was... so I'm reluctant to take it back again. Seem like a couple of cowboys to me :-(

Yes, by law you have a 3-6 month warranty under the sales of goods act no matter what condition the car was sold in (sold as seen, spares or repairs etc) or if a warranty has been offered by the dealer, during that time, if you have a fault with your vehicle, you're entitled to have it fixed free of charge.

Its then upto the dealer to prove the fault wasn't there at sale. Which obviously wouldn't be easy.

I presume the car wasn't bought privately else consumer rights are completely different.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club