Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whoosing Noise, No Lack Of Power

ChrisH

I have the dreaded whooshing noise heard under load on acceleration. Only thing is there is absolutely no lack of power and no black smoke. Could this still be the turbo pipes? Car still runs and pulls like a train.

Top intercooler hose by the radiator resiviour five min job to replace get a silicone one off eBay about £15 I think only thing to watch I,ve found is when you put the jubilee clip on the that sits under the resiviour is make sure where you tighten it is not touching the bottle as it will Chaffee on the bottom and wear a hole in it .

I'd say definitely the intercooler hose.

It's the large pipe going up near the coolant reservoir.

They have a bad habit of splitting on the top part as it heads for the turbo.

Thanks guys. had a good look, and there is a small split in the inner elbow of the top hose going to the EGR valve location. Its only at most 10mm in length, and can only be seen if the hose is squeezed. Must be bulging under boost pressure (the noise is only above 2000rpm), and air escaping. Would it be safe to tape it up with duct tape, whilst i wait for the new one, or will that cause probs. Been trying to drive whilst keeping revs down today, or does it not matter too much?

I did think if these hose got a split, then the car would be completely gutless....

Tape will work for a very short time.

Keep below boost pressure where possible and you'll be fine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club