Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 - 1.6Tdci Turbo

betty02

Been offered a cheap MK2 Focus, problem is turbo bearings have slight rattle, still being driven daily and still pulls "OK" now, first thing is that I will get this changed for a second hand turbo. Will any diesel turbo fit or does it have the be off a 1.6? So the ones of the 1.8 and 2.0 won't fit etc?

Is it a straight forward fit? Unbolt old one and bolt new one in? Simple as that?

Thanks in advance.

Simon

i would stay away it from it. looks like it is on its way out. the 1.6 is a Peugeot engine and it will not be using the same Turbo as the Ford designed 1.8 or the bigger Peugeot 2.0

It is cheap though so I was thinking cheap car, cheap fix and quick sale! I can recover it back on my trailer with my Navara and leave it in the garage until it's sorted, does;t need to be driven, just tempted by the opportunity to make some cash to be honest!

Collected the car yesterday, got my mechanic mate to go check it out, he confirmed it is just the turbo with a loose cartridge, so we put it on the back of the truck, he was happy nothing had been shot into the engine. Anyone know the part number or best place to get a second hand one from? So many on eBay all claiming 1.6 TDci but looking different!

Thanks

mind its not the turbo that's the problem on this engine, its starvation of oil to the turbo, which in itself is caused by any number of possible problems.

Blooody French :P

anywho, might be worth looking in to a bit more before putting a new one on, be a real downer if after a couple of miles it pops!

Needs a new one none the less this one is shot. Is there restrictions on oil to the turbo? Mechanic pulled pipes off left right and centre and was happy nothing else was shot! I will have him check it all again still. Best price on turbos? Part numbers?

had a wee look, I believe 1479055 is for the 110, for the 90 its 1684949

carbon builds up in the sump for one reason or another, that gets sucked up and blocks in to the filter in the banjo bolt

The engine is indeed of [partly] Peugeot design. I'm led to believe that Ford took it and added the gas circulation which causes so many issues.

The oil pick up, down in the sump, will possibly need replacing or the new turbo will just go west in a cloud of smoke.