Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Won't Start

inspire95

Hello guys,

I have a question,regarding my Ford Focus 1.6 16v Zetec.It is refusing to start,no matter what I try to do.I replaced the battery,spark plugs (Denso) and it still runs one day and the next day I'm struggling to get it to start.When it runs,it's OK,but as the engine gets warm the rpm-s start dropping while in neutral,when approaching traffic lights or junctions and it feels like it's going to cut off.This car hasn't ever let me down,it ran 1400 miles with no problem.

I would appreciate it,if someone shares an opinion,regarding this problem.

P.S. I live in the Netherlands and it's rather cold.

The immobiliser light is off when the key is in the ignition mode.

I made a video - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5ZIRBL4tYQ-REZvc3haSm14RVk&usp=sharing

Odd well try the dash test it could be something is draining the battery over night have you changed the stereo etc? Other than that it could be a coil pack causing the issue a symptom of this breaking down is erratic starting and misfires sometimes without a fault code or it could be a faulty ht lead.the almost stalling may be linked to the above or be a faulty semsor such as accelerator or even the speed sensor the speed sensor will usually make the rev counter drop to zero before the car attempts to stall

Will it start if you give it a small amount of throttle?

No.Today I drove it for 12 km,started from the first time.I have no idea what is going on.