Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Centre Console Blank Plates

Focititmk2

Hi

Wondering if anyone could give some clarity on the blank plates next to the front and rear de-mist buttons?

I plan to connect a jack extension lead from my glove box through the back of the dash and drill a hole through one of the blank plates and bring it through there, however once I opened the blank plates I unexpectedly found electrical connections to the back of them???

I believe one of them could be for airbags however was is the other one for or is it just left and right airbags?

Thankspost-60566-0-87773500-1417461199_thumb.jpost-60566-0-68356400-1417461215_thumb.jpost-60566-0-32134600-1417461231_thumb.j

From left to right the wires are-

Passenger airbag deactivation notification light.

Heated windscreen switch.

Rear screen demister switch.

ESP switch if fitted (or roof switch on a CC model).

The plugs can safely be pulled out of the rear of the blanks and left to hang loose behind the panel.

Thats perfect mate thats what i have been looking for but could not find no where haha.

Have you bought from that particular seller before?

Just had a quick look at the lead, and i am unsure as to where this would fit to as my radio is the sony single cd player (when you press call button its mutes), when i had my radio out the other day it just had aerial socket and quadlock connector.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have just looked again at the picture haha is that a 3.5mm jack socket to the rear of the plate ??

I guess if so i can then run my male to male jack lead through the dash to the aux in the glove compartment.

Thanks again mate, have you bought from that particular ebayer before?

I have bought from that seller and they are good as gold.

Yes, on the back of that plate is a 3.5 female socket and a mini usb cable.

I rigged mine to a 12v power socket using adaptors and can use the usb to charge phones/satnav etc.

O so i cannot charge iphones satnava etc by just connecting the male jack to the rear of the plate, i would need to somehow splice the mini usb connector and connect it somehow to the 12v socket at the bottom of the console. I guess this includes the use of soldering tools etc, unfortunately im a novice haha and dont have the expertise or tools to carry that out without blowing myself up hahaa or reconfiguring the electrics on the car knowing my luck hahaa.

I have taken the step and orderd the part, so i am just wondering if you possibly have a guide to hard wire the mini usb to the rear of the cigaretter lighter?

Thanks

• 9 years later...
On 12/3/2014 at 4:47 PM, Stoney871 said:

article seems to be ded. i'm trying the same thing now 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MK2.5Hippo said:

article seems to be dead.

....and 9 years later that's a surprise ? 🤣

FOC deleted a lot of the guides, not sure why but they've gone.

• Like 1