Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Is A Perimeter Alarm?

laumk7

First of all apologies if this has been asked before

Anyway, I've got one of these on my new car I've ordered and now waiting somewhat impatiently for

Is it one of those annoying alarms that sound and go 'step away from the vehicle', or is it just a standard siren alarm if someone tries to break in?

It means the car will alarm if it detects unauthorised entry through the car's perimeter.

e.g. If a door, the boot or bonnet opens without the key unlocking the car and deactivating the alarm.

There are no internal motion sensors though.

This is kind of related to the security issue with keyless entry we've been talking about. Can thieves still get at the OBD port without setting off the perimeter alarm?

From what I have read it is possible yes, but I'm not going to post how.

When I had my Fiesta with keyless entry, I moved the OBD port out of reach. It is easy enough to do, just push the two clips in at the side and it pops out, then you can tuck it out of the way.

I don't know if the MK7.5 is still susceptible though...

ST alarm no, if they don't set the sensors off they'll set it off when the door opens etc. Could be made near theft proof if you get that anti shatter window film, can't get in then unless they chop the windows out or a door off.

Also perimeter alarm can extend to someone who ones into contact with the vehicle outside or I'd looking into a vehicle. These can trigger a perimeter alarm function too

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club