Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Fiancé Is Having Problems With The Company That Insures Her Car

Marks12

well my Fiancé is insured by a company called close brothers she was put in touch with them by a broker. (you may not have heard of them i think they are Irish)

Anyway the problem is they take there payment on the 9th of each month and she always has the money in most of the time the last few times she did anyway. about 2 months ago she received a letter for the previous month stating that the payment was late and they were going to charge her an extra 15 euro for administration fees ok so that was fine and then this month she got the same letter. Only this time its not ok cause the money was there in the bank from the 7th of the month so it should have been taken out by them. I told her to ring them up and eat the head of them and refuse to pay the extra 15 euro just to pay the insurance fee. She is adamant about cancelling her car insurance to look for another company but i told her to stick it out till the renewal date.

As I fear that if she was to cancel now whilst still in contract that there would be a black mark against her name and she would find it hard to get another company to insure her am i right?

But if this was to happen again I would imagine that they would be breaching the contract ?

any advice would be appreciated as its doing my head in calming her down (shes heavily pregnant at the moment which isnt making the situation any better)

Yes I'd stand your ground with them, your bank statements will be proof that they didn't take out the payment when they should have, so if that's the case they have no reason to charge you a fee.

Maybe they will be ok with you calling them on her behalf, especially if you tell them she's pregnant and doesn't want to be dealing with the stress. Although it might be better to do it by email or post so you have a record of any communication with them.

I Think i will do that Phil just will have to send her down for a statement for the last few months too make sure though. I will Email them when i can make sure that it is them at fault and its not my Fiance's baby brain playing tricks on her

thanks for the advice Phil :)

I'd definitely wouldn't be letting them get away with that ,,,,, never heard of charging extra for late fee either! The 8month can be angry hormonal month (I've just had my baby), get her to phone them & explain & sort it, I could be wrong but think close brothers are its4women who I've dealt with before & are usually reasonable.... Best of luck with insurance & baby

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club