Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temp Monitor Colour

Peterjones

Hi,

Interesting one and maybe it is normal on the MK7.5, however should that snowflake on the road icon go red when the temp on he dashboard is reading 0 or a - figure? I know it used to on my previous Ford however this morning we got down to -2 in parts and still it was lit up in that amber colour, never once changed to red.

Where actually is the thermometer placed in the car that is used to take this reading?

No idea where the thermometer is but I'm certain mine changes from Amber to red when zero degrees or below, you've got me wondering now though lol, I never usually pay too much attention to it. The 'bong' is annoying though when it first lights up, mines a 2013 zetec model

Mine lights amber at four degrees, red at zero degrees or below.

When you first start the car and the dash lights go through a self test you should see the light come on as amber and then change to red before going out.

I don't get a noise when it lights.

I don't get a noise when it lights up now, however it was definitely not going to red when it went 0 or past that point. I am sure it has done this in the past however I could be confusing this with my last Ford.

I think the gong can be switched on/off via tripcomputer. I haven't got below 1 degree Celsius yet so only had yellow light, but this is a Focus, not a Fiesta.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Ok mine on the test thing when it starts goes Amber then a brighter version of Amber before going off. Does this mean some bulb in the dash has gone already? If so this car is spending more time in the garage for little issues than out of it.

Now do you turn the gong off on the trip computer as I don't seem to have any setting to do this.

Last winter mine went red at 2 degree's,tonight at 0 degree it varied between red and amber.Yet another useless gadget that cannot be relied on.No "Bong" on my 2013 zetec.

See in my mk7 is was always red at 0 and below. Tonight I'll try it in a moment when I start the car and see what comes up in the light test as it starts.

Another vote for red at 0 and below, amber at 1-4. Does sound like something has gone wrong there, especially if the brightness is changing!

Mine comes on in Amber at 5c or lower and then turns red at 0c or below on my 63 plate ZS

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

It used to come on at 4c (amber) and go red at 0 on my old 62 plate zetec and my 63 ZS. Seems to just stay amber on my ST though

i have a mk 7.5 and the snowflake just stays amber and it was at -2 this morning.

Amber above 0 then turns red -1 and lower for me.

Oh so seems like other owners have an anber flake aswell - you would think it would go red like it used to do.

On the Focus mk2.5 the exterior temp sensor is on the offside of the crash bar (engine side). I thought it was an airbag sensor at first!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

My mk 7. 5 titanium went yellow at 4 and red at 0 this morning.

Oh so must be the ST that doesn't seem to change colour. Seems strange though.

Got me wondering if mine bongs or not now. If it doesn't how do i make it Bong.

You'd think it should to get your attention, unless the temp was hovering and going on and off.

I used to hate my zafira didn't bong with petrol light and was happy believe it ir not that my fiesta does.

Someone suggested turning ignition on and during initial light up id see the light go orange and to red before going out. Mine stayed orange until it went out. I might find out tomorrow as should be below zero I rekon for work.

So the pre-facelift DOES bong? I haven't got to below 1 in my 2011 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

My ST definitely changes to red at zero

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Oh right but then someone else with an ST said theirs was like mine. Is this going to be linked to some software update or something?

Mine is as it came out the factory as far as software is concerned it was built 12 months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Facelift doesn't bong

You sure? I swear mine bongs current car is a 2013

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club