Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 1.6 Brake Problem

Mo55y46

Ok guys im having a bit of a problem with my 2008 Focus Mk2 1.6 TDCi.

I didnt experience the initial occurrence of this problem but will try to explain as best as i can.

My wife went to go out in the car and after she started the car the brake pedal made a "clunk" sound, Now when i press the pedal it seems to have alot of travel, it makes a sound that i can only describe as air a bit like when you use a foot pump (strange description i know), and when you press it a down to a certain point it makes a click sound.

I realise this is a bit vague but i dont know how to describe this any better.

Can anyone shed any light on a possible cause for this or anything i can try would be greatly appreciated?

Whilst I appreciate that you may get an answer from this thread as to what is causing the problem, can I suggest you just get this in a garage before there's a total failure which results in an injury or death. You're talking about the braking system here. Not worth waiting around for.

• Like 1

As above it could be nothing it could be serious that clunk could be a seal popping etc

• Like 1